Home

Good article on changing FGs in Madden

This is a discussion on Good article on changing FGs in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #25
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Good article on changing FGs in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Honestly, I just wanted to use the phrase "loaded question", lol. Seriously though I don't really understand what you are getting at with having some way to determine reading defenses. That's not something Madden currently accounts for, that I know of, so that wouldn't effect a QB's throw in Madden. I presume that not reading defense effects a QB's real life stats and real game day performances and is therefore indirectly represented in their Madden passer ratings.

I don't even know that a read the defense rating would be necessary because that would likely be covered under AWR, considering the "smart" weapon was based on AWR.
What I'm saying is that since there's no way for them to account for not being able to read defenses, Grossman occasionally throwing weird passes is the only way to replicate his instability as a passer. The randomness is necessary, otherwise physical ability would dominate everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #26
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
See that's likely where me and a majority of the community will likely completely disagree because if Grossman can't do that successfully or consistently successfully, I don't want to be able to override that.
This is what I'm responding to. What happens when a QB can hit the correct throws with accuracy, but rarely chooses the correct throws (maybe like Alex Smith?)? How do you replicate that in a game?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #27
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

The blog definitely brings up an interesting debate. How much control is too much? Obviously, there are things that happen in NFL games that we simply will not see in Madden. I'll use bad snaps as an example.

I, for one, would love to see these in the game. I want to see a bounced snap to a punter, resulting in the punter either being unable to pick up the ball, or throwing off his timing and resulting in a blocked punt.

However, I certainly understand how upset someone would be if this happened at a very inopportune time (i.e. late in a close game). Of course, this has happened in real life and will surely happen again in the future, but it is something we have never seen, and possibly never will see, in a football video game.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

If anything let the kickers/snappers and holders ratings determine everything and just have the game auto kick.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #29
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
If anything let the kickers/snappers and holders ratings determine everything and just have the game auto kick.
That's a possibility. Personally, auto kicking, like auto FTs, isn't for me. My in-game experience doesn't have to match up perfectly with real life if I'm not good at the mechanics of the game.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #30
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

I feel sad I wasted 5 minutes reading this thread.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #31
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Madden 13 Kick Meter

I started that thread a couple months back regarding the RS kick meter which, in my opinion, is absolutely awful.

Last year's meter was an improvement, but still didn't seem to take the kickers ratings or meter accuracy into account enough. I still believe Madden 2004 had the most effective kicking meter. For the last couple years I've had to SuperSim all FG's just so it's even for both sides and not so automatic. Completely kills game winning FG's but it's better than knowing I can make anything from just about 60 in without breaking a sweat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Sad that this is not a bigger issue than position change or player editing. Both are minor whilst this is game changing from play now to Franchise.

Maybe people will be more in arms when they go another year with horrible kicking. Or maybe those that remember the better days have all passed on.

We need a total re-work of Special teams!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »