Home

Lack of info for Madden 13 Vita

This is a discussion on Lack of info for Madden 13 Vita within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Lack of info for Madden 13 Vita

The lack of info for Madden 13 for the PS Vita has become very frustrating. The only thing we really know for sure is the release date and the fact that the game will probably be based on Madden 12 and not M13 for consoles. I have tried contacting the devs on twitter to give any info about the Madden Vita numerous times. I have researched and have come up with little info. To me, this means they they probably aren't proud of the game or something. Because if they were, then we would have heard SOMETHING by now. I mean, we have two months before launch date and we literally have not heard any official word on this game. Very frustrating!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Lack of info for Madden 13 Vita

I'm not expecting much from Madden on the Vita. I mean The Show was decent, and that's coming from a company that makes a hell of a game.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 06-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/gam...en-nfl-13.html

I had started a thread about the Vitas version and someone posted this link.Hope it helps.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

They haven't shown a single screenshot or video yet. I'd say that's a bad sign.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Hope EA does like The Show and offer a two for one deal

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
Hope EA does like The Show and offer a two for one deal
your best bet is to pre-order Madden console version for $45 and get the Vita version for the normal price of $39.99.

or at least that is what I'm going to do because I want the Digital version of Madden Vita, where as i'm getting the disc version of the Console version.

so about $85 with my approach, on the other hand MLB The Show's bundle was about $80 I believe.

The only reason I wouldn't think there would be a bundle, is because there is no cross game saves. But you never know, since the stores can just have deals of their own where you automatically save $20.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
Rookie

logical's Arena

OVR: 0

1st post lol.. long time lurker. Been looking out for Vita news and some actually finally hit with the first media of the game. I cant post links so the link to the article is: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...vita-madden-12

New article on Madden Vita 13 from the Verge

And we got our FIRST MEDIA of the actual Game:

I got a feeling that these are touched up screenshots.. there are no jaggies and if the game was running at 15FPS I doubt they could have AA in it.

Highlights are as follows:

Quote:
EA Sports is updating last year's game with a few new elements, including Vita-specific controls, and releasing a handheld experience that shares the title of its revamped, promising console brethren — but barely resembles them otherwise.

Quote:
I played the Vita game this week, and to be clear, it appears to be shaping up nicely. Most of the touch controls, such as the ability to tap on a receiver and draw hot routes with a finger, are smart and welcome additions. The game includes full Franchise and Superstar modes, and will receive weekly roster updates and Madden Moments Live content throughout the 2012-13 NFL season. Of course, the graphics aren't quite up to par with Madden 12 on PS3, but they're still impressive on the Vita's five-inch screen.

Quote:
But from my conversation with Baker this week, I got the sense that Electronic Arts may be unwilling at this point to extend that investment to the Vita.
Quick notes:

• Madden Vita is Madden 12 with a Madden 13 disguise.. the only thing carried over from 13 is the commentary.
  • Touch controls, such as touching a receiver to draw hot routes.
  • The game includes full Franchise and Superstar modes.
  • Graphics not on Par with the PS3 version but still impressive(says author)
Other notes:

• Time and money are holding back the Vita version.
  • A build was not ready for E3 and the game was only running at 15FPS at the moment
  • The author gets the sense that the Vita version will NEVER be 1 to 1 with the console version.
  • Game is being developed by HB Studios
Old 06-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical
A build was not ready for E3 and the game was only running at 15FPS at the moment
Hey, thanks for the link — I'm the guy who wrote the article. Let me clarify something: Dan Baker, the supervising producer on the Vita game, told me that it was only running at 15 fps in mid-April. Back then, he said they expected to have it ready to show journalists at E3, and apparently, it wasn't. But I assume it wasn't still running that poorly only a few weeks ago.

The game I played this week ran just fine, and I expect that the final version will be a totally playable, solid experience. My issue is that EA is marketing this game as "Madden NFL 13," when they really should just call it "Madden NFL Football" or something.

@SamitSarkar

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »