Home

How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13?

This is a discussion on How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #25
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: How Can We Use OS To Create Football Havens For Online Play In M13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Fair warning, I'm the Raiders in OS Vets and this is my plan:
  1. I no huddle half the game and make 30 audibles at the line -- learn how to stop it son!
  2. Punting is for punks.
  3. Onside kick every time -- the other team can't win if they can't get the ball.
  4. Heck yeah I drop 11 in coverage -- all I need is my DT to rush.
  5. Coach told me to get to the outside -- he never specified when.
  6. 4 wide slants? Only until you sit on them, then its 4 verticals.
  7. If the ref doesn't call it, it didn't happen!
  8. I don't have Bradford but I have Dozier -- he's a 48 speed terror.
Did I forget to mention I'm sim? LOL
That's why I am trying to place a focus on an OS online community to attract a certain mindset instead of trying to enforce a specific rule set. I know you are joking around but gamers that are thinking about playing football to win versus gamers that are playing the game to win, just naturally play differently. I believe that the OS brand combined with some basic settings and slider set adjustments can create an online haven to bring gamers interested in playing football together.

Also, that respect thing is a big factor because if for whatever reason plystyles don't mesh well early in a game, a friendly quit is a simple solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

They had lobbies in 12 and will prob have in 13. ANyone can create a room and just have a posted password here that changes each month.

I think we can come to some common rules that most sim clubs use.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #27
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Appreciate the input and I am not talking about running leagues with this idea. Again, I am hoping to use OS the way EA uses "EA" to have an online ranked of sorts for OSers and other gamers that want to play football with a general respect for their opponent. Online is referred to as the "wild west" so I am trying to figure out a way to create a football haven away from that.

"BigFNDeal" endorsing an online community carries zero weight with anybody online and I am OK with that. lol. However Operation Sports on the other hand has reputation that proceeds itself and would give some people the assurance that the game play will be far more respectable.

Also, I think the slider sets and OS enforcement against general online douchebagery, to steal someone's term, would help gamers enjoy themselves, imo. Like stated, I see this as an opportunity for more gamers to get online in a football environment to interact with others and maybe end up in leagues with others they might have otherwise never known anything about.
Quote:
That's why I am trying to place a focus on an OS online community to attract a certain mindset instead of trying to enforce a specific rule set. I know you are joking around but gamers that are thinking about playing football to win versus gamers that are playing the game to win, just naturally play differently. I believe that the OS brand combined with some basic settings and slider set adjustments can create an online haven to bring gamers interested in playing football together.

Also, that respect thing is a big factor because if for whatever reason plystyles don't mesh well early in a game, a friendly quit is a simple solution.
To get what you want is going to require some work in the beginning.

I say lets create this with a top 10 of guys that we know will play absolutely sim ball. Then from there the only way you can join is by trying out, or by referral. I know it sounds crazy but this works trust me.

I would also have zero rules on how to play. I say this because if you are a sim player and know how to play the game the sim way. Then you don't need any rules, and by going this route it is the only way you can see someone true colors.

I have had league where I held their hands to play sim, but later realized it worked a thousand times better when I removed most of the rules and saw who was true and who was not. Cleaned up what was needed, and then the league became a wonderful place to play. No headaches or worries at all. All I had to tend to was when disconnections took place. I would assist them in where to continue form.

In the beginning it will be ten members, but trust me the word will spread, and in a decent amount of time we can have a very nice size of members in there. A place when we just want to play a random game. We can go to and play a fun sim game.

Setting are not the problem. It's the quality of members. Settings is a piece of cake.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #28
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
To get what you want is going to require some work in the beginning.

I say lets create this with a top 10 of guys that we know will play absolutely sim ball. Then from there the only way you can join is by trying out, or by referral. I know it sounds crazy but this works trust me.

I would also have zero rules on how to play. I say this because if you are a sim player and know how to play the game the sim way. Then you don't need any rules, and by going this route it is the only way you can see someone true colors.

I have had league where I held their hands to play sim, but later realized it worked a thousand times better when I removed most of the rules and saw who was true and who was not. Cleaned up what was needed, and then the league became a wonderful place to play. No headaches or worries at all. All I had to tend to was when disconnections took place. I would assist them in where to continue form.

In the beginning it will be ten members, but trust me the word will spread, and in a decent amount of time we can have a very nice size of members in there. A place when we just want to play a random game. We can go to and play a fun sim game.

Setting are not the problem. It's the quality of members. Settings is a piece of cake.
I am feeling what you are talking about and I also think that OS endorsing this is important though. Maybe some sort of "sticky" with a list of the OS online communities available and there settings, posted in the OP, as well as a contact list for who gamers can email or pm to "tryout" and report someone with video proof, if need be. Then maybe those reports with video proof found to be valid could be posted in that same thread as an example of exactly what kinds of things OS online communities do NOT want.

Maybe the OS management and mods can sanction voluntary dedicated OS members to manage these OS online communities.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

I dont think we need to get all technical and make this more of a casual alternative to random play now games. No tryouts, no writeups, no hard rules other than fairplay type rules for 4th down and nanos. If someone doesnt meet your expectations dont play them again. Simply create a lobby protected room.

Just seems doomed to fail or big drop off in traffic if you go the ultimate sim club route.

Last edited by Wilson24; 06-29-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #30
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
I dont think we need to get all technical and make this more of a casual alternative to random play now games. No tryouts, no writeups, no hard rules other than fairplay type rules for 4th down and nanos. If someone doesnt meet your expectations dont play them again.
I hear what your saying, but in the beginning it will need some type of structure, but once it gets to where it needs to. Things will simmer down big time, and it will be just that. A place to go do some play now games.

I would rather it be something of a private community, and not open to the public at all.

Members only
Old 06-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #31
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson24
I dont think we need to get all technical and make this more of a casual alternative to random play now games. No tryouts, no writeups, no hard rules other than fairplay type rules for 4th down and nanos. If someone doesnt meet your expectations dont play them again. Simply create a lobby protected room.

Just seems doomed to fail or big drop off in traffic if you go the ultimate sim club route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I hear what your saying, but in the beginning it will need some type of structure, but once it gets to where it needs to. Things will simmer down big time, and it will be just that. A place to go do some play now games.

I would rather it be something of a private community, and not open to the public at all.

Members only
I see both sides of this, with one way being more inclusive but having potentially more work to structure on the back end and the other being more restrictive but requiring less back end effort to maintain established structure.

I think I prefer the former like Wilson24 does though, because that allows for a wider net and any blatantly bad catches would be inherently contained by friendly quits. If for whatever reason very few people seem to want to play you or you seem to want to play very few people, evidenced by early friendly quit requests, then you likely would voluntarily leave the OS online community.

Those somehow falling throw the cracks could be dealt with through the "report" function I mentioned earlier. Like you said Tyrant, it won't take long for gamers to expose their true playstyle without forced rule sets, which will make them easier to mitigate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #32
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

I'm willing to support that. I think we need more sim leagues ran on OS personally. Leagues in a sim format would go a long way at bringing the online experience alive for those who stay offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »