Home

Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden"

This is a discussion on Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 02:18 AM   #9
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
And to add to that, didn't it only allow you to spectate the games rather than actually play them? I would think that could have played the biggest role in why it wasn't as well received.
I can't find any thing that was said bad about head coach. Like you said the inability to play games probably was it's biggest flaw with the next being graphics.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #10
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden

Once I'll see it, I'll believe it -- that goes for ALL of these sports video game companies.

I need to play the lottery and win it -- then I'll be able to make my own video game. And I won't come on the forums -- I wouldn't care what y'all thought

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 06-29-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:46 AM   #11
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
I can't find any thing that was said bad about head coach. Like you said the inability to play games probably was it's biggest flaw with the next being graphics.
I wouldn't even say it was a flaw. It was a Head Coach game.
I never understood people who knocked it for not being able to play the actual on field stuff when it was clearly a coach only game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 04:36 AM   #12
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I wouldn't even say it was a flaw. It was a Head Coach game.
I never understood people who knocked it for not being able to play the actual on field stuff when it was clearly a coach only game.
Me either because if you were able to play it then it would be Madden

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 06-29-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
And to add to that, didn't it only allow you to spectate the games rather than actually play them? I would think that could have played the biggest role in why it wasn't as well received.
Funny thing is I wish M13 had that option, I'd love an online franchise where the players only called plays. However the devs think calling plays only was a mistake (probably for the reasons mentioned on why HC09 was not received well) so my tastes are about as niche as you get.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Funny thing is I wish M13 had that option, I'd love an online franchise where the players only called plays. However the devs think calling plays only was a mistake (probably for the reasons mentioned on why HC09 was not received well) so my tastes are about as niche as you get.
This is what I like about OS and interacting with others period, is the different POVs. When I first read this post I was thinking, "who would want to play like that?" but then I thought about it some more. It would be interesting to have a CC online where the Commish could set everyone to "M12 Coach Mode" for playing games. I would actually give a league like that a whirl and it would definitely negate User control exploits, on the field.

Being able to watch the entire game actually unfold as you coach, instead of some upgraded NFL text sim on the field would be an interesting twist for CC online and might bring in far more offline players.

In fact, does anyone know if there is a "M12 Coach Mode" option in M13 for CC? I want to say I believe I saw that in a video so technically people can start this type of CC online and just have everybody agree to use coach mode for games.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #15
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I'd love the option just simply for FG's. SuperSimming FG's is about as anti-climatic as it gets. Especially when it's a game winner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #16
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The biggest problem I had with Head Coach 09 wasn't that I could only call plays, but that the football gameplay engine was largely the same as that of Madden NFL 08, which looked antiquated and, well, obviously bad (to me) next to Madden NFL 09. I couldn't get too far past that. I really appreciated everything it could do away from the football field, however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »