Home

Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden"

This is a discussion on Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden

i loved Head Coach, both games for that matter so as long as this works as well and is as deep i'm all for it. i think that can be said for most of us right?

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'd love the option just simply for FG's. SuperSimming FG's is about as anti-climatic as it gets. Especially when it's a game winner.
See this is the type stuff I am talking about too. If there is a coach mode option in M13 and I think there is, can't there just be some simple CC league rule where it has to be used for all FG's and extra points? Wouldn't that accomplish the same thing?

I think that would add some needed drama to kicking.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #19
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This is what I like about OS and interacting with others period, is the different POVs. When I first read this post I was thinking, "who would want to play like that?" but then I thought about it some more. It would be interesting to have a CC online where the Commish could set everyone to "M12 Coach Mode" for playing games. I would actually give a league like that a whirl and it would definitely negate User control exploits, on the field.
Well keep in mind I am old. I remember playing leagues on SSI baseball where we kept all the stats and stuff in a notepad because the game didn't do it.

I got through college playing in an online NFL league via modem where we just called plays for the life of me I can't remember the name Pro Sim Football or something.

So as much as I love controlling the guys on the filed I would also love the option of a coach only league. As you said it eliminates exploits but also gives guys who have good football knowledge a chance against guys who have good skills with the controller.

Problem is as I said I am niche, there is not a lot of people who want this. I imagine it is easy enough to add I mean all you're doing is removing the ability to do anything but call the plays, call audibles and one you snap it remove the control option but there are bigger fish to fry.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Well keep in mind I am old. I remember playing leagues on SSI baseball where we kept all the stats and stuff in a notepad because the game didn't do it.

I got through college playing in an online NFL league via modem where we just called plays for the life of me I can't remember the name Pro Sim Football or something.

So as much as I love controlling the guys on the filed I would also love the option of a coach only league. As you said it eliminates exploits but also gives guys who have good football knowledge a chance against guys who have good skills with the controller.

Problem is as I said I am niche, there is not a lot of people who want this. I imagine it is easy enough to add I mean all you're doing is removing the ability to do anything but call the plays, call audibles and one you snap it remove the control option but there are bigger fish to fry.
I am someone who would enjoy this as well. Not sure if anyone else is old enough to remember Micro-League baseball? There was also a Micro-League Football too. You didn't actually play, you simply managed the teams and were the GM as well. I loved it.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #21
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
See this is the type stuff I am talking about too. If there is a coach mode option in M13 and I think there is, can't there just be some simple CC league rule where it has to be used for all FG's and extra points? Wouldn't that accomplish the same thing?

I think that would add some needed drama to kicking.
I'll be attempting to find just about every avenue possible this year with the return of the RS meter. I'd like to see it where it's just like SuperSim where you could either play the whole game that way or have something simple like SuperSim was where the ability to change was right in the playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #22
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

As many folks here are talking about the coaching likes of micro-managing a team, it makes sense that next year they will definitely try to focus on getting fantasy draft back in. Honestly, it sounds more and more like it is the preferred form of fantasy football for a lot of people.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #23
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Warning, effusive praise forthcoming, skeptics and bittermen read at your own peril.

I'm not going to lie, when I read or listen to a Roy Harvey, or a Rob Jones from NBA 2K, I step forward for a big ole 64 ounce cup of kool-aid. In any given year the implementation of some feature will fall short of its intended level of functionality, but I trust their focus and I trust their vision, these dudes get it.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #24
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I loved Head Coach 09, except for the actual games. Once the games started, it was pretty bad. Like CM Hooe mentioned, I couldn't take how it looked, and also how it played. The AI seemed very odd, and sliders didn't seem to have much affect, like alot of EA Sports games. The franchise aspects of it were amazing, but I just couldn't get over the actual games, even though I am an offline franchise player.

I am frustrated and disappointed with alot of the CCM omissions, but am excited with the head Coach-ish features being added. Gameplay will still be the deciding factor though, as I haven't lasted long the past couple of years because this area was so poor. At least they seem to be building a proper foundation, which is nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »