Home

Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden"

This is a discussion on Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #33
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden

Thanks Spliff, that's the one I was looking for. I thought there was some video someone showed it.

EDIT- LOL. I just tried out "coach mode" in M12 and boyyyy do I have egg all over my face. It is exactly what the description of the option on-screen says it is and nothing more. It just allows the AI QB to make throws if you don't move the stick. I have no idea why they would call that coach mode when you still have on-field User control. You even still have to manually snap the ball with coach mode "on" or at least it seemed that way when I tested it out in M12.

"DANIMAL DANIMAL DANIAML!"

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 06-30-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:21 AM   #34
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Madden 13 Exec Producer Roy Harvey on "Future of Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
When M13 drops, I say we start a sign up thread for a "coach mode" only CC league. I might would be even willing to "coach mode" a team other than just the Redskins seeing as I wouldn't have to actually play with them. I think that could be loads of fun man.
Count me in if that happens. I'm well past my "progression" stage so no XP will help my reaction times any longer

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-30-2012, 12:24 AM   #35
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Thanks Spliff, that's the one I was looking for. I thought there was some video someone showed it.

EDIT- LOL. I just tried out "coach mode" in M12 and boyyyy do I have egg all over my face. It is exactly what the description of the option on-screen says it is and nothing more. It just allows the AI QB to make throws if you don't move the stick. I have no idea why they would call that coach mode when you still have on-field User control. You even still have to manually snap the ball with coach mode "on" or at least it seemed that way when I tested it out in M12.

"DANIMAL DANIMAL DANIAML!"
Also... I don't believe "Coach mode" works during PA passes. The QB will just stand there after the PA. At least that's how it was...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2012, 12:51 AM   #36
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

There may be a workaround to achieving an actual "coach mode" CC. If everyone commits to switching from a Coach to a insignificant Player, that will not see the field, right before the games and switching back to a Coach after the game, that might work. The only caveat is we can't use created coaches or players because they would retire as soon as we gave up control. I think J Looman said when being Player you still control the coaching duties but no on-field User control except your player.

What do you guys think of that?
Old 06-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #37
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

you only get to control play calling when you are on the field, as a player. can't control play calling on both o and d if you are a player.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #38
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
you only get to control play calling when you are on the field, as a player. can't control play calling on both o and d if you are a player.
You could very well be right and I was going by J Looman saying in that CC Q&A video that we have control over play calling/adjustments as a Player. I went on TSO and they are saying that in User v User games you have to watch the entire game so I am not sure if there are full play calling duties available that way or not.

This idea is definitely on life support but fingers crossed we can somehow figure out how to pull this off after the game releases.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #39
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
This idea is definitely on life support but fingers crossed we can somehow figure out how to pull this off after the game releases.
This thread ALMOST pulled me back in (Godfather II style) because:

Although I never bought / bought into HC 09 (due to well documented gameplay issues), the statement made by Harvey regarding that franchise engine FINALLY making it's way into Madden made me temporarily overlook my stated concerns re: lack of editing / 32 team (Coach Philosophy options) Control...

Secondly, the idea of having a OS Coach Mode League is intriguing...I've never played online or against a human opponent, but this idea has a lot of promise...

Unfortunately, it SEEMS that no matter how you guys try to find a workable upside solution to the "what's lacking versus what's left" problem, we ultimately find out that "that" (whatever "that" may be) ain't a legit option EITHER...

Yikes...

Old 06-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #40
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
This thread ALMOST pulled me back in (Godfather II style) because:

Although I never bought / bought into HC 09 (due to well documented gameplay issues), the statement made by Harvey regarding that franchise engine FINALLY making it's way into Madden made me temporarily overlook my stated concerns re: lack of editing / 32 team (Coach Philosophy options) Control...

Secondly, the idea of having a OS Coach Mode League is intriguing...I've never played online or against a human opponent, but this idea has a lot of promise...

Unfortunately, it SEEMS that no matter how you guys try to find a workable upside solution to the "what's lacking versus what's left" problem, we ultimately find out that "that" (whatever "that" may be) ain't a legit option EITHER...

Yikes...

I feel exactly where you are coming from and I thought about the same thing but then I remembered, like I have told others, this is just the first year of this mode. So I can understand it not being more customizable in M13 but want to see more options for this mode in M14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »