Home

Had to put Madden away for a while

This is a discussion on Had to put Madden away for a while within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2003, 12:23 PM   #9
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Had to put Madden away for a while

Quote:

nowitzki41 said:
Quote:

jake44np said:
Quote:

cbird said:
i can't believe people still think there is no comeback mode in Madden. lol. what a joke. every EA Sports game has comeback logic...always has. thats just the way it is. Ea wants the player to have close exciting games. thats why in Ncaa 2004 they have the Greatest Games log. duh. im not saying there is anything wrong with comeback logic to produce close games but it does produce unrealistic results...especially in passing yards. if you dont believe run 10 cpu vs cpu games. check the box scores and look at the end of second quarter of each game.

Why where you even passing with a 35-7 lead in the 4th? I honestly have never experienced anything like that in madden! You need to know what plays to call when you have a big lead!

I agree jake. I love the way people like to blame a comeback code for their ineptness at playcalling and holding a lead. Comebacks happen quite a bit in the NFL. EX. Colts/Bucs and Chiefs/Packers.

I hate the way people that dont know football(although everone seems to think they do) bash football vidoe games for being unrealistic! I mean the guy is b___tching cause he threw and int in the 4th with a 35-7 lead! Anyone that knows football knows you run up the middle 3 times run 2 to 2 1/2 minutes off the clock and punt it is ok to punt with a 35-7 lead in the 4th! I guarentee that i have never and will never loose a 35-7 lead in the 4th on madden football!
Old 10-14-2003, 02:19 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Exactly. Just learn better clock management and it will make a HUGE difference. With a 35-7 lead and 2min left in the 4th, run the ball and work that clock man.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:14 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

umm excuse me...

Green Bay 31 Kansas City 17... I dont see Brett Favre complaining bout comeback logic

Tampa Bay 31 Indy 14 -- Umm who won ????????

TEAMS DO COME BACK !!! stop crying bout it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2003, 03:40 PM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Frailes21 said:
umm excuse me...

Green Bay 31 Kansas City 17... I dont see Brett Favre complaining bout comeback logic

Tampa Bay 31 Indy 14 -- Umm who won ????????

TEAMS DO COME BACK !!! stop crying bout it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

People don't complain about comeback logic in real life because they are the ones who control if they fumble or whatever. In a video game you're relying on the computer for that.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:40 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

then i suggest you get a pair of flags and go play flag footbal, or get some pads and play real football..

If you complain that much, dont play the game
Old 10-14-2003, 04:45 PM   #14
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Frailes21 said:
then i suggest you get a pair of flags and go play flag footbal, or get some pads and play real football..

If you complain that much, dont play the game

I do play real football. If you don't know what you're talking about then shut up . How come any time somebody says something bad about madden you jump all over them?
Old 10-14-2003, 06:04 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

i never said that i didnt like the game. but if the game wants a close game, the game will have a close game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2003, 06:58 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 17

Seriously folks. I've played games where I came back from big and small defecits. I played games where I held a big and small leads. The comp has done the same to me (come back and hold both big and small leads). Guess what folks... that's what happens in real football too! Granted, I've yet to find good slider settings to give the comp a good running game, but for the most part, I like Madden's version of football.

Before you start flaming away, I have ESPN too and I like it as well. But I just prefer Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »