Home

Had to put Madden away for a while

This is a discussion on Had to put Madden away for a while within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2003, 10:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Had to put Madden away for a while

At some point i had to put the gaem down before i broke a controller. Here is why. I was playing in my dynasty and was playing in the superbowl. Now, i know there is supposed to be no comeback AI but sometimes it seems quite the contrary. I was winning and playing great D. I was up 20-3 and driving. My HB who is a 93 rated with carry of 98 fumbles on the opponents 10. what do you think happens? a 90 yard fumble return by a linebacker. i can take the fumble but why is it alwasy returned for a TD. Anyway, i was still up and the ensuing kickoff another fumble by my all pro kick returner for another TD. At that point I was still winning and tried to not get angry. next kickoff i am ok. i am now afraid to run and pass. the cpu is now pumped up and stops two runs. i then attempt a pass and my RT stands there as the LE goes around him and my fullback for a sack and another fumble and TD. all of this in less than 2 minutes. after the catch up the cpu stopped going nuts and it was a close game. it alwasy seems that there is a catch up mode with momentum. if you can stop it then the cpu is finished. i just hate the fumbles. i never ever get a funble and the cpu gets at least one per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2003, 10:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Had to put Madden away for a while

same thing happened to me yesterday

year 2 panthers vs chiefs
4th qtr 35-7 2:00
interception returned 35-14
onside kick recovered 35-21
fumble, pass to morton 35-28
we score 43-28
they score score stop 2 pt conversion 43-34
we score 51-34 final

we were doing so well. it wouldnt be that bad if i could do something about it but you just cant
Old 10-14-2003, 08:14 AM   #3
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Oh please stop crying!!!
Old 10-14-2003, 10:15 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Here we go again, more people who don't know how to hold leads. This stuff never happens to me. In fact, I was down 27-14 in the NFC Championship game going into the 4th quarter and came back to tie & win in overtime.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:24 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

i can't believe people still think there is no comeback mode in Madden. lol. what a joke. every EA Sports game has comeback logic...always has. thats just the way it is. Ea wants the player to have close exciting games. thats why in Ncaa 2004 they have the Greatest Games log. duh. im not saying there is anything wrong with comeback logic to produce close games but it does produce unrealistic results...especially in passing yards. if you dont believe run 10 cpu vs cpu games. check the box scores and look at the end of second quarter of each game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2003, 11:44 AM   #6
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Comebacks happen, but when they happen to frequently it becomes sus pect.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:46 AM   #7
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

cbird said:
i can't believe people still think there is no comeback mode in Madden. lol. what a joke. every EA Sports game has comeback logic...always has. thats just the way it is. Ea wants the player to have close exciting games. thats why in Ncaa 2004 they have the Greatest Games log. duh. im not saying there is anything wrong with comeback logic to produce close games but it does produce unrealistic results...especially in passing yards. if you dont believe run 10 cpu vs cpu games. check the box scores and look at the end of second quarter of each game.

Why where you even passing with a 35-7 lead in the 4th? I honestly have never experienced anything like that in madden! You need to know what plays to call when you have a big lead!
Old 10-14-2003, 11:52 AM   #8
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

jake44np said:
Quote:

cbird said:

Why where you even passing with a 35-7 lead in the 4th? I honestly have never experienced anything like that in madden! You need to know what plays to call when you have a big lead!

I agree jake. I love the way people like to blame a comeback code for their ineptness at playcalling and holding a lead. Comebacks happen quite a bit in the NFL. EX. Colts/Bucs and Chiefs/Packers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »