Home

True to Life?

This is a discussion on True to Life? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

OVR: 6
True to Life?

Ok so I have seen alot of complaints about several features. You can't edit players. You can't control all 32 teams.You can't import a draft class. Ok now didn't EA state they want to make the game as real as possible? With the exception of the glitchy draft class imports I see them trying to fulfill what they are set out to do. Your Take?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Re: True to Life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseboyj
Ok so I have seen alot of complaints about several features. You can't edit players. You can't control all 32 teams.You can't import a draft class. Ok now didn't EA state they want to make the game as real as possible? With the exception of the glitchy draft class imports I see them trying to fulfill what they are set out to do. Your Take?
Good point, EA wants this game true to real life. So why should you be able to control 32 teams?

I personally love where the game is headed. Unfortunately the way Madden is headed, some features just don't mesh with what they're wanting to do so they have to remove them. It's fine with me because all the things that have been removed I have never bothered with, but it sucks for the people who do like to use those features.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

There is no try. Do or do not.

And Madden hasn't done much. Like the producer said it doesn't matter what features you have if the on the field play doesn't match it. The on the field play as of right now is still lagging behind last gen Maddens. Until that is fixed I couldn't care less about game modes.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agreed. Obviously 13 isn't gonna be perfect and some of the features a lot of users like have been removed, but none of those were things I really used anyways except for the occasional fantasy draft that I can live without. I'm just happy that EA is headed in the right direction and seems to be working on all of the things that I really hoped they would. With the one year time frame for each game it's ridiculous to expect them to make a perfect game.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't mind them trying to make the game more real, but I don't like losing features. One person controlling all 32 teams isn't real, but having multiple people playing on the same console controlling their own teams would be. Editing player ratings isn't real, but being able to change a player's number and/or equipment is very real. Having two people playing on the same team is real, but it's not in M13's CCM.

At the end of the day this is just a video game and video games will never be 100% real. If they want to make it more realistic I'm all for that, but I'd prefer they work on the actual on-field gameplay instead of removing optional features that several people use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Please read through the current threads before starting new ones.

This is the same conversation that has been had in many threads.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »