Home

The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

This is a discussion on The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #1185
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, Big, this has been a part of YouTube critics for several years. I'm sure EA's aware of it, but sounds like it's been on the back burner.

Probably a good time to re-address it if it already hasn't been.
Yeah I am aware that the Youtube guys were the ones that brought the issue front and center, that was my point about I wouldn't be surprised if even TSS didn't think to bring this up while at Tiburon though. It's natural for anyone to get down to Tiburon, get caught up with all the goings on and simply forget to bring up something like this.

That's why I keep stressing, I would like to see the EA football EAGCs make a commitment to stay in discussion with the community at large to keep them abreast of various POVs and reminded of things anyone could otherwise forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
See but that right there is just sad to me. Like there's no excuse for that. Like how does that get by you? What's the point of having ratings in your game if things like this happen? Honestly all they had to do was play one season, because that's all I've played with Madden the past couple of years and I've seen it. The logic to have a kicker subbed in for an injured lineman is bad enough, but to actually have him be successful at it?? Cmon. Stuff like that just makes me question the talent at Tiburon. For that to be in multiple years of the game just baffles me.
lol, I understand exactly what you are saying but I am more so focusing on what the EAGCs and community can hopefully do in an attempt to improve things considering "it is what it is". For whatever reason, attention to detail seems to often be lacking in certain areas of Madden so if the community pointing out those details, like with the score bug but for more prominent issues, can get them addressed, so be it.

Again, to Broncos point, I think any dev would hard pressed not to at least verbally address an EAGC showing him Kickers successfully blocking Dlinemen versus an EAGC just saying "ratings need to matter more". The latter could verbally addressed with, "we will try to tune that" but the former would presumably require a more thorough explanation, that would then hopefully be passed on by EAGCs to the community at large.

EDIT*- I wanted to add that Shaun Mason on OS in the NCAA forum and some other EAGCs on TSO were actually fielding questions and suggestion while down at Tiburon for 13 and I appreciate that. We definitely need more of that on a much wider scope so we at least know the devs have direct knowledge of the community at large's issues and two cent.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 07-20-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #1186
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Ugh, that's just as a bad.

No ratings should = 0/whatever the minimum is, and why wasn't this caught? It's the same question I'd ask with Madden.

I just don't get it sometimes.
As soon as it was , it was fixed. Patched I believe.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #1187
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

Quote:
Actually, I'm playing on 8 minute quarters in NCAA and it's taking me 1 hr and 15 to 30 minutes. That's a long time for 8 minute qtrs.

Plus, there is no save games. If games go to two hours, I'd like the option to save it in the middle. If not, I'm not sure if I can sit down for two hours with a wife and 3 kids.
How come it takes you so long with 8 minute quarters...

Not a criticism, just wondering?

I agree with the in-game save. To this day it is mind boggling why it is not in there. In fact EA, even tried to sell us on Game Flow so we play shorter games.

I would rather play 2 hour game that is realistic (Stats, presentation, highlights, in game breaks) than 2 Hour games just to get through it. As others have said at least give us that option (Presentation on/off toggle).

I have been playing NCAA and one of things I wish Madden had was the Game Recaps (or whatever they are called), when they show three or four highlights from the game on a specific player during the second half. (Example. I picked off the Alabama QB three times, so on his next possession they showed all three picks and talked about them)
Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #1188
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnaql3
Earlier, someone mentioned that you may not know how you came across and maybe you should be more aware of the words you type. You seem to be sensitive when you're "called out" on certain topics/quotes by you as well. You're attempt to be humorous on my attempt to "humorous" fell flat. Take the hint please.
Just a regular cat that likes to play video games and interested in what others think/feel about the same games I play. In this case, Madden NFL. I don't need/want an argument from some distant stranger who may or may not have limited social or comprehension skills.#CollisionFinityEngineTilIseeOtherwise
Yeah, this won't fly here.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #1189

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31

Road will correct me if I'm wrong but I would assume it has to do with the fact that there is no accelerated clock in NCAA like there is in madden.

Before Madden messed with the AC last year I was playing 15 min quarters in madden and 8 min quarters in NCAA in the same amount of time.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #1190
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31

I agree with the in-game save. To this day it is mind boggling why it is not in there. In fact EA, even tried to sell us on Game Flow so we play shorter games.
I don't have a stopwatch, but I just count from the time I go downstairs till the time I get upstairs.

No accelerated in NCAA, either.

Of course, I do look at replays, but I do try to button through most stuff.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #1191
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I don't have a stopwatch, but I just count from the time I go downstairs till the time I get upstairs.

No accelerated in NCAA, either.

Of course, I do look at replays, but I do try to button through most stuff.
Yeah, NCAA has a joke of an accelerated clock. Time does run off the clock when the play call screen opens up but beyond that, nada.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #1192
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
I use 6 minute quarters in NCAA. But yeah, the clock settings suck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »