Home

The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

This is a discussion on The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #1217
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r
Contradiction.

Unfortunately I've been playing too many so called improved versions of Madden and been disappointed that I just wait until the NFL decides to allow another developer to make an NFL game.
Not really, but good that you are speaking with your wallet.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #1218
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

this engine will have some impact but guys ea is going keep animation and use some rtp but its still going be a lot the same animation just a lot new ones too and its the first year and will see how it goes
Old 07-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #1219
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxsacrificex
this engine will have some impact but guys ea is going keep animation and use some rtp but its still going be a lot the same animation just a lot new ones too and its the first year and will see how it goes
I'd say that's pretty much what people expect.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #1220
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
The only thing we need to realize is that even if Sony was to get the NFL license it does not guarantee anything.

The guys who pour there heart and soul in MLB the show, would not be the same guys working on the NFL game. Its only going to matter if they use the right foundation for the game, and the right personal.

Sony use to do NBA games , and they all sucked.
guys must also be forgetting the NFL Gameday Series.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #1221
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
But again, I'm also arguing development time. I'm not just talking about what's possible, I'm talking about the time needed to prioritize those fixes. If a band aid to line play takes up time that would've been spent elsewhere, then I'll deal with the shoddy line play for one more year.
What else should have priority over the building blocks of the game of football?

OL/DL makes everything work on the field. It's the basics of generating and preventing offense. Having that aspect of the game limited and stale impacts every single snap on both sides of the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #1222
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
What else should have priority over the building blocks of the game of football?

OL/DL makes everything work on the field. It's the basics of generating and preventing offense. Having that aspect of the game limited and stale impacts every single snap on both sides of the ball.
I agree, which is why I'd advocate for a solution to it, not a band aid. Spend time on doing it right once, not multiple band aids.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #1223
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
The only thing we need to realize is that even if Sony was to get the NFL license it does not guarantee anything.

The guys who pour there heart and soul in MLB the show, would not be the same guys working on the NFL game. Its only going to matter if they use the right foundation for the game, and the right personal.

Sony use to do NBA games , and they all sucked.
It guarantees a fresh look at football. Backbreaker wasn't good overall but I enjoyed tackle alley and the unpredictable physics. 2k clearly did the line play better in their games and it's hard to deny it's more fun to run the ball in that game than any other. NFL Fever did read and lead style passing that was unique and fun. I have Tecmo Throwback on my console and I still like that game from time to time.

Variety is the spice of life as they say.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #1224
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I agree, which is why I'd advocate for a solution to it, not a band aid. Spend time on doing it right once, not multiple band aids.
I just wish they spent the two years "under the covers" getting it right, instead of having yet ANOTHER year of whatever it is that it uses now.

Or apply Infinity to OL/DL as well as to the clipping issues. If they can put in a new physics animation engine in 6 months...(from Jan to June when E3 arrived)

Why wasn't it a priority (and seems like it never has been a priority)? That's what I'm saying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »