Home

Likelihood Of Roster Editing Patched In?

This is a discussion on Likelihood Of Roster Editing Patched In? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #73
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Likelihood Of Roster Editing Patched In?

I don't believe we will see this feature patched in this season. I reserve judgement on whether or not this good or bad until we learn more about the Connected Careers feature.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
And that's fine...if they also expressed using their time wisely, not making snap decisions and such. They've only worked on the physics engine since January - half the usual dev-cycle at best, and that's not what we deserve. They also talk about how they've been perfecting CCM for two years, yet it still lacks all features because they ran out of time. Neither of those best defines the entire game as they want it to be "done right." Not when they say they wanted to put the usual features in, but they ran out of time. That's not achieving a set goal then. That's not game done in full. These are the debated topics that are really at hand. They are contradictions, and many of us are just astounded that the rest don't see them.
Sorry but you are making a lot of assumptions that simply aren't true. Your opinion is fine... But assuming it is fact is where you lose me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No.

I'm asking if it wasn't a creative decision, what makes something that was commonplace in the past so difficult now.

I've seen many games go through major code changes but none of them have removed editing from the user.
They know what they need to do to get editing in correctly without causing issues in ccm. That isn't the problem, the problem is having the time to out those safeguards into place and bugging them before release which isn't going to happen. It's jot that they don't know how to do it, its a time issue, there are too many elements that are a higher priority to them at this point. Whether or not you or I feel it should be a priority over something else is pointless. They make the calls based on their plan. For once I can say I am optimistic that the plan they have in place is the 100% right direction.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 7

You can look at my posts and tell im not an EA apologist or an apologist for any company but the are people really still arguing and complaining about this? I for one love editing but if they say its not in then its not in this year. If you think its some conspiracy and dont want to support the game then dont. I dont understand how guys for a whole month now are still whining and complaining about a feature that isnt going to be in. They already made statements alluding to the fact that they want to lay the foundation for CCM and get it right before adding things. Let them do this. Are there no other games out to occupy time? When I was upset with the EA direction years ago I just stopped buying the game. Madden 12 was my first purchase in 3 years.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #77
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

i personally think they got tired of being bashed every year on how stupid they were and couldnt get things right. for years we have bashed them on there ratings and wrong equipment on players. we adjusted them ourselves and said how easy it was and that they were lazy. so now they said "F" it and took the ability away from us. next will be sliders if we keep complaining about how we are test dummies for them
Old 07-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #78
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No.

I'm asking if it wasn't a creative decision, what makes something that was commonplace in the past so difficult now.

I've seen many games go through major code changes but none of them have removed editing from the user.
Examples of such "major code changes"?
Old 07-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #79
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
You can look at my posts and tell im not an EA apologist or an apologist for any company but the are people really still arguing and complaining about this? I for one love editing but if they say its not in then its not in this year. If you think its some conspiracy and dont want to support the game then dont. I dont understand how guys for a whole month now are still whining and complaining about a feature that isnt going to be in. They already made statements alluding to the fact that they want to lay the foundation for CCM and get it right before adding things. Let them do this. Are there no other games out to occupy time? When I was upset with the EA direction years ago I just stopped buying the game. Madden 12 was my first purchase in 3 years.

I think its fine that people keep posting about this in the appropriate places....Now if guys go into good threads like the Gameplay Breakdown like the Zig-Zag Thread or LBzrue's Pass Rush animations thread and start derailing it with "OMG CC sucks no editing" then thats wrong

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I think its fine that people keep posting about this in the appropriate places....Now if guys go into good threads like the Gameplay Breakdown like the Zig-Zag Thread or LBzrue's Pass Rush animations thread and start derailing it with "OMG CC sucks no editing" then thats wrong
Bottom line, though, it's a mods discretion. If the feel the conversation keeps on going back and forth, and in circles, they make the decision.

I've seen this happen to a few threads that had similar topics to controlling all teams or CCM and mods say EA already knows about it among the conversation keeps going in circles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »