Home

Likelihood Of Roster Editing Patched In?

This is a discussion on Likelihood Of Roster Editing Patched In? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #33
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Likelihood Of Roster Editing Patched In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It shouldn't be this online vs. offline mentality.
You're right. It SHOULDN'T be... but it is. I am not against online players. I am against EA's online first mentality.

I don't see it as online vs offline users. I see it as EA putting effort into online versus offline features. MUT is a cash cow, so they dump resources into it. Online franchise, in their opinion, is the future. If I have to give up a lot of the classic features/functions I am used to to play Madden in the future, then that is not a future I want to be a part of. I have stuck with 2k5 and 2k8 over the years. I have played Madden 07 on last gen for a long time. I installed it [07] on my *new* [read: year old] laptop when I got it.

I only bought Madden 12 in Feb. It isn't amazing but it's the best Madden on this generation of consoles [though Madden 10 did do some things better, like foot planting.] From what I have seen, Madden 13 looks interesting... but not $60's interesting. It's just a few weeks away and I don't feel the anticipation I used to feel for Madden because I already know most of the things I do all the time, and enjoy doing at that, are gone. Maybe they will be back, and then I will get excited... but not now.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love a lot of what is in CCM, but for me, what I am losing doesn't make up for it.

Last edited by PGaither84; 07-06-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
You're right. It SHOULDN'T be... but it is. I am not agasnt online players. I am against EA's online first mentality.

I don't see it as online vs offline users. I see it as EA putting effort into online versus offline features. MUT is a cash cow, so they dump resources into it. Online franchise, in their opinion, is the future. If I have to give up a lot of the classic features/functions I am used to to play Madden in the future, then that is not a future I want to be a part of. I have stuck with 2k5 and 2k8 over the years. I have played Madden 07 on last gen for a long time. I installed it [07] on my *new* [read year old] laptop when I got it.

I only bought Madden 2 in Feb. It isn't amazing but it's the best Madden on this generation of consoles [though Madden 10 did do some things better, like foot planting.] From what I have seen, Madden 13 looks interesting... but not $60's interesting. It's just a few weeks away and I don't feel the anticipation I used to feel for Madden because I already know most of the things I do all the time, and enjoy doing at that, are gone. Maybe they will be back, and then I wil get excited... but not now.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love a lot of what is in CCM, but for me, what I am losing doesn't make up for it.
Understood PG, it's to each their own. I'm an offline franchise guy, but I never used those features in offline franchise mode, doesn't mean I don't support the features to get back in for many users, just like I supported updates to online franchise over the past three years.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:03 AM   #35
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
0.00.0.1 % chance of it happening. 3 years ago they had the Browns unis wrong had 5 months of patches worth and never got fixed. there is no way in the world they will patch it in.

you want the simple answer? they want you to buy madden 14 because it will be a 'new' feature
Or, they were telling the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
There's a better chance of all the Trolls that come into all Madden threads disappearing than this getting patched.
Anythings possible though and it would be nice though to get it back in for at least 14 for those that use it.
Dude, this doesn't help. I troll the game and I'm like Mattingly's feeble-old-woman-back. I ain't going anywhere... lol.

Quote:
Editing players [not ratings,] bringing custom roster into franchise mode [CCM] and occasionally doing a fantasy draft are VERY important to me.

So is playing as more than one team and playing games not on my schedule.

A simple thing I did with my friends for years was to play as each others opponents. For example, when my 49ers were to play the Rams, my friend was the Rams... and that same week when his Raiders were hosting the Chargers, I was SD.

I might get Madden 13 in a year or so when the price comes down to try it, but it is not a $60 game to me. Not right now.
The thing is, I could care less about this, Gaither. With the things they've added I'm more stoked than ever... I'm more mad that they took out rating editing, just to do something else. We can agree that it's kinda lame that they took anything out. m13, and we're still "adding by subtracting." The fact that you're wrong about what they took out doesn't make you a douche, the fact that you're a douche does.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

This connected careers thing may be a disaster or we may all love it... but we can all agree that the people who care about things other than us may have been Roger'd a little bit on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 02:10 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

As PG said, I'm not against online gamers getting the same features as offline. All for it. The problem I have is when something doesn't get put in for offline just because of how it would affect online. If both don't fit in the same game mode, then keep them separate.

I find it amusing that ncaa was able to put full dynasty online yet madden couldn't get old franchise put up. I think they delayed to get more support for CC when it came out and online gamers would be happy with the "new" functionality.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:41 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjneff
As PG said, I'm not against online gamers getting the same features as offline. All for it. The problem I have is when something doesn't get put in for offline just because of how it would affect online. If both don't fit in the same game mode, then keep them separate.

I find it amusing that ncaa was able to put full dynasty online yet madden couldn't get old franchise put up. I think they delayed to get more support for CC when it came out and online gamers would be happy with the "new" functionality.
I love conspiracy theories just as much as the next guy, but really?

Here's how it is, the TRUTH on this argument once and for all:

It was never as simple as just adding "old Franchise" online like some sort of switch, no matter how many people clamor for it to be that way so their cynical approach can be vindicated. Each mode (Offline Franchise, Online Franchise, Superstar, etc.) required different code in order to add a feature. That's three times the work to add the same one thing into three different modes. That's the truth, whether it is accepted or not.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "working smarter"? To the best of my understanding, Connected Careers allows the development team to do just that. Rather than putting in resources that take three times the time just for one thing which means NOBODY wins since there are then three times as many features that have to be scrapped in order to add that one thing, the fact that all phases of CCM share the exact same code will only benefit it in the long run. Sure, there are things missing this year. Yes, some things are bigger than others (which is literally 100% up to personal interpretation of what "bigger" is, as constantly evidenced on OS.) Does that damn Madden NFL 13? For me, no. For you, maybe. That's the beauty of opinion, we're all allowed one...then again, that "beauty" is also up to interpretation, haha.

I want CCM to be the best thing to ever happen to sports gaming. The thing is, I know the development team does too, which makes me (as a passionate fan of the-mode-formerly-known-as-Franchise) feel optimistic at the future of career modes in Madden. I'm not here to sway anyone's opinion, as I believe all gripes are based in legitimacy in their own way and you're entitled to your feelings as a consumer. That goes for any product, not just Madden. I just can't stand seeing the tinfoil hats pop out every chance there is to grab them.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 07-06-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #38
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
i also think that these things should be random. if they are always the same whats the point of playing another 30 year ccm mode when the first 30 is up?
Not going to derail this one, so I'll add my on-topic two cents: 0% chance. They're not going to kaibosh their XP push this year at least, they will want everyone to try out the new way of doing things for at least a year.

Off topic - a game of Madden lasts say 30 minutes on out-of-the-box settings. If you play preseason + your 16 games, and get nowhere else, you're looking at 10 hours a season. That means they would be giving you a 300-hour story mode, and that's without all the wheeling-dealing you will be doing, practices, draft, etc. Would that, coupled with all the other modes and distractions not be enough gameplay in a calendar year?

Again, playing Devil's Advocate here on purpose just to explore the idea more than anything - especially as I wouldn't be surprised that certain events are going to crop up in CCM like clockwork (Mr Warner coming back after Year 1, I'm looking at you).
Old 07-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #39
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
I am against EA's online first mentality.
Tangential aside: it's not just EA Tiburon. It's Activision with the Modern Warfare games and CoD Elite; it's Zynga with their suite of Ville games; it's THQ with their content sharing suite in WWE; it's Microsoft with their car communities in Forza; hell, it's SRRN Games with some of things we're working on which I can't talk about...

The online-first mentality isn't just EA, it's the entire video game industry, and it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #40
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah000
Madden is a waste of a persons life.
Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Tangential aside: it's not just EA Tiburon. It's Activision with the Modern Warfare games and CoD Elite; it's Zynga with their suite of Ville games; it's THQ with their content sharing suite in WWE; it's Microsoft with their car communities in Forza; hell, it's SRRN Games with some of things we're working on which I can't talk about...

The online-first mentality isn't just EA, it's the entire video game industry, and it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
That is just how the gaming industry has evolved. Online play is (and should be) a top priority. The reason I still play games is b/c of online.

However, that's no reason to skimp offline ppl on offline modes. Me personally, I loved the fantasy draft and somewaht creating my own league and story lines from there.

But editing rosters will not be patched in. Altough, I don't see the harm in being able to edit height, weight, and equipment (just like last gen). CC's, for all that it has been said to be, could or could not be fantastic. A lot of ppl used to complain all the time where franchise mode was stale and needed a change. Well, here it is.

I guess to sum it all up, roster editing will not be in b/c of CC's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »