Home

Going Back To Madden . . .

This is a discussion on Going Back To Madden . . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2003, 05:57 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Going Back To Madden . . .

i just traded in my ESPN football ($30!) for LIVE2004. though i enjoyed the presentation of ESPN, the feel just wasn't there for me. i gave ESPN a good shot, by playing it non-stop for 1 month til i got a good copy of MADDEN. the tackling, pursuit angles, amoung other things just drove me nuts at times. i'm just glad we gamers have such a good variety of choses...

Old 10-15-2003, 01:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think most of us have done it. I have. ESPN is great looking game and to me that all it is. It is not a good a sim as Madden no matter what those Sega lovers will tell you. Their favorite argument is "Madden is for kids" I have to laugh at that because I don't remember any kids who play in the NFL. And they clearly choose Maddden.

THis years version isn't even close, though IMO it's still Sega's best effort to date. Their are so many problems with it though. Some are the same since the first installment. I also hate the herky jerky way the players move. The crowd animations rock. But the on field ones sometimes look very clunky.

Their ESPN presentation however is the best in any Video football game. Madden is alright. I won't even touch Gameday so I should say I can't put them in there. Fever is so so. But ESPN is a great presentation. And their coach mode TV style look is as real as it gets. But that is where that game ends. And believe me I am a Sega fan as well as EA. I have played every version of the 2K series and will do so next year. But it's Madden at #1.....
Old 10-15-2003, 02:11 PM   #11
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

If you could combine ESPN's presentation and playbooks with Madden's game engine and bells and whistles, in my opinion you'd have a near perfect game. I play ESPN because of the depth of the team playbooks. I play Madden for the better overall feel of the game. Each game has it's negative issues. I'm not to fond of the offensive AI and pass coverage when playing zone defense in ESPN. In Madden I don't particular care that each game winds up being a high scoring shoot out and limited playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2003, 03:08 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Svar till:

KillRoy said:
Svar till:

Spin said:
its back to all EA Sports titles

except their basketball games!

Yeah, baskteball from EA is not as good as ESPN basketball...
EA baseball is soso also, MVP.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:54 AM   #13
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

Spin said:
same here

WHAT??? Spin going to EA? btw spin, I no longer am on live. Just don't have the time.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:01 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:

HitDoctor said:
Quote:

Spin said:
same here

WHAT??? Spin going to EA? btw spin, I no longer am on live. Just don't have the time.

Yeah, its back to EA for me full time, I just prefer its gameplay over 2k4.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:34 PM   #15
Rookie

Davel23's Arena

OVR: 3

Since owning both since lauch I have to say that I prefer Madden also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2003, 11:21 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I did the exact opposite today. I took Madden back (after having it for 1 month) and picked up ESPN Football. Madden has so many flaws this year, I just couldn't stand it. The turnovers are rediculous in Madden. I actually played a game (On All-Pro) and saw 15 turnovers between myself and the CPU. What a joke!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »