Home

Is madden going to be like NCAA demo?

This is a discussion on Is madden going to be like NCAA demo? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Is madden going to be like NCAA demo?

I Played the NCAA demo...found it pitifully easy with no slider adjustments, not even an adjustment to the equivalent of all madden or all pro or whatever.
I thought it looked and played well, better than M12.
Not having been and NCAA guy ever, I'm wondering the following about Madden:
1. Will all pro be this easy?
2. Can I put it on all madden?
3. Can I adjust the sliders to make all madden tougher for me (or more realistic stat-wise) like I could do on M12?
4. Will the gameplay feel the same (I just thought everything looked and felt better)?
5. What is auto-passing and will Madden have it?
6. I'm assuming the the presentation will be similar. I like the ticker and going back to the studio for catching up on other scores.

If it has the positives of NCAA 13 and allows adjustment for difficulty, even without the editing and full team control, this will be a fun game to play. I don't know about the replayability unless they've ironed out the kinks from M12 with the AI making dumb personnel decisions (starting the 47 ovr LT over the 79 ovr guy.

Anyone with more experience able to answer these (at least based on past experience)?

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Str0mTropper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is madden going to be like NCAA demo?

Nobody knows how something is going to be if they never played it.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
Rookie

BurnsideAdmiral's Arena

Well I wouldn't put too much stock into customizing controls, sliders, and difficulty level. I mean all that stuff will be in the real game just not the demo? So I don't really see the point of this post since in a demo they're just trying to give you a basic feel for the game not the whole thing with all the bells and whistles. They just want to show off the new engine and graphics and a few newer things. Throwing in a bunch of slider controls and different difficulty levels would just make the demo larger and take longer to download.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

1.I seem to find the final version of a game to usually be more difficult than its demo.

3. I could be wrong but I do not think there was ever a madden demo that allowed you to change sliders.

4. The demo is not the final version so the final version could have differences. Any differences should be minor.

6. Don't think this is in Madden13 but I hope it makes it into Madden 14.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

They usually are not the same. I dont think we have ever had as many match-ups with the Madden Demo. I am pretty sure it has already been confirmed that there will be no ticker in Madden (which kind of stinks because it does add some immersion to NCAA)

They haven't said a date yet, but I ma guessing not for a few weeks...(So they dont steal any of NCAA's thunder)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
They usually are not the same. I dont think we have ever had as many match-ups with the Madden Demo. I am pretty sure it has already been confirmed that there will be no ticker in Madden (which kind of stinks because it does add some immersion to NCAA)

They haven't said a date yet, but I ma guessing not for a few weeks...(So they dont steal any of NCAA's thunder)
If you go to Madden's official website (http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/f...tform=xbox-360) and look under the Presentation write-up, it says- Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an all-new living front end, dynamic in-game transitions, a live ticker, and drastically improved usability. Every game has the feel of a nationally televised broadcast with CBS Sports commentators Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the action from the virtual 3D booth.
So they should have a live ticker just like NCAA
Old 07-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #7
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

You are just too good at the game I guess. Tough luck.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
You are just too good at the game I guess. Tough luck.
What good does this post do? If you don't want to contribute to the thread please don't post in it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »