Home

Thoughts On This Connected Careers Idea

This is a discussion on Thoughts On This Connected Careers Idea within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Thoughts On This Connected Careers Idea

Danimal had brought up how it would be nice to have a way to have a true "coach mode" CC, where the Users only handled play calling and team management, while the CPU executed on-field game play. It seems that will not be possible in M13 but I have an idea about a unique way to experience CC and want to see what others think.

My main issue when playing Madden as a User is that offense seems to be so easily exploitable against CPU or HUM opponents. So what I was thinking about, based on Danimal's idea, was to have a CC online where every User is the Head Coach for team management but switches to a starting DB as a Player for the games and back again once the game is over. Reason being, this will ensure that most of the plays will actually playout because there would be a User from one team or the other on the field the majority of the time. It also would prevent any User from being able to exploit the CPU on offense or with the front seven on defense.

By starting DB, I don't just mean CBs but Safeties too and we could even hopefully have them on special teams for PR and KR coverage so those playout too. If everyone utilizes the Gameplan feature, even when we are not in direct control of the playcalling, the CPU will still be utilizing our team strategy.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Thoughts On This Connected Careers Idea

I posted a question in another thread- no one has answered yet....has it been confirmed there is no true coach mode-

Last edited by tosa; 07-08-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
I posted a question in another thread- no one has answered yet....has it been confirmed there is no true coach mode-
Confirmed is a strong word but it does seem unlikely that a true coach mode is possible from the info gleaned thus far. Hence why I am trying to achieve some reasonable hybrid.

TSO has discussed the "Superstar" aspect here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline....-league.78700/

and some of us had a brief discussion about a true coach mode starting here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043816287
Old 07-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks for the link. I am glad to see I am not the only person interested in this form of play and cant for the life of me figure out why they cant make this an option. We should not have to kick, punt etc if we are "coaching" only. In addition we should have the ability to view the game in broadcast view. I think about all the options we get in Battlefiled 3 online and you can set up your own server to play the way you want to play. Just seems like it would be a reasonable request to have these options. I will keep my fingers crossed that this is available in some form as I am very excited about the new game in general.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

I don't know what the problem is with getting replies in this thread but:

"Don't make me break my foot off....." lol

In case people don't understand what I am proposing, it's basically a hybrid between a Player/Superstar and Coach CC. I just read on TSO that none of the game is super simmed as a player, you just watch from broadcast cam. I think this might be a fun alternative if there is not a true Coach Mode in M13. Maybe people will get the molasses out, after the game drops.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.....78658/page-19 Post #260
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I just noticed this thread
I would absolutely LOVE IT! I'm way past and over "stick skills" and just want to coach and or play a single position and let the game play out based on who I put on the field and my play calling/gameplan.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
It'd be a great idea.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't know what the problem is with getting replies in this thread but:

"Don't make me break my foot off....." lol

In case people don't understand what I am proposing, it's basically a hybrid between a Player/Superstar and Coach CC. I just read on TSO that none of the game is super simmed as a player, you just watch from broadcast cam. I think this might be a fun alternative if there is not a true Coach Mode in M13. Maybe people will get the molasses out, after the game drops.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.....78658/page-19 Post #260
So if you play as a superstar you can't sim when you're off the field.

Last edited by jmurphy31; 07-15-2012 at 12:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »