Home

Madden 13 Gameplay only video (from yesterday's webcast)

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Gameplay only video (from yesterday's webcast) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #49
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 13 Gameplay only video (from yesterday's webcast)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
The not wearing down enough is exactly why I went to 100 fatigue. I hated seeing it too, and decided to try 100 just on a flier. It's the old "take it extremes and see what it does" type mentality. Then, I just started falling in love with how it was working

Progressive fatigue is in M12, imo. I know I have to readjust my sub-in/out because sometimes I was losing guys (usually the HB since I use him quite a bit) as they weren't getting rested enough in the 4th quarter. They recover slower and to a lower max as the game goes on. I think it's just not pronounced enough at the default fatigue.
I hope you are right and again that's why I am hoping you don't sour on M13. That said, with progressive fatigue I was referring more to the game to game, throughout the season variety, like in NBA2k, that actually makes the games cohesive.Also, HC09 had the wear n tear system for body parts that represented that we were using virtual human beings with bodies that could only take so much before breaking down. I just wish that....... anyway, I will sop there no need. I will be excited to see what your settings can add to the realism of M13.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #50
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Nevermind.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I hope you are right and again that's why I am hoping you don't sour on M13.
I'm trying. Honestly, I am.

Trying to resist that urge to make it a 2-year cycle for me personally again (I didn't get M11, just 10 and 12).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #52
Rookie

mikemck09's Arena

OVR: 1

"No Play Will Look The Same!" Yeah ok... I hate false advertising to rake in fans... Listen, be proud of the game you put out... Don't lie to the community... I have seen tackles in this build that I have seen in previous "non Infinity Engine" games... I understand that its the first year that they are incorporating some type of physics into Madden, but going as far as stating no play will look the same is a rather huge piece to chew at this moment.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #53
Banned

WIFOOTBALL2K9's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I see little glimpses of the infinity engine but not nearly as prevelant as the E3 vids. Honestly, the tackling and player interaction looked nearly identical to last year in this particular video. I REALLY hope they dont dumb down the infinity engine so much that you can barely tell its there.

I want as much physics interaction as possible. I am tired of the same old tackling animations game after game and year after year.
Check out Euphoria Engine...now that engine is wack! It would be so nice to see it in Madden.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #54
Banned

WIFOOTBALL2K9's Arena

OVR: 0

This honestly looks like Madden '12 with the exception of people now tripping over piles. There still are canned animations. EA, please stop introducing new game modes/challenges and fix what is really wrong with your game...GAMEPLAY: Real physics, real football concepts, and presentation! Unfortunately I buy this game every year...Guess I will keep having false hope that this game will actually be overhauled which it so desperately needs.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #55
Rookie

S C 0 0 Z E's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon2 Re: Madden 13 Gameplay only video (from yesterday's webcast)

Whats G3 Recover Post Game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIFOOTBALL2K9
This honestly looks like Madden '12 with the exception of people now tripping over piles. There still are canned animations. EA, please stop introducing new game modes/challenges and fix what is really wrong with your game...GAMEPLAY: Real physics, real football concepts, and presentation! Unfortunately I buy this game every year...Guess I will keep having false hope that this game will actually be overhauled which it so desperately needs.
What new game modes are talking about for Madden 13?

They did overhaul and threw out the last engine. It's called building a foundation with the new physics engine and going from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »