Home

Created players in coach mode????

This is a discussion on Created players in coach mode???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Created players in coach mode????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpac55
CCM to me seems like a complete rip off to the offline gamer. We have no freedom to do anything with our teams, players, coaches. Complete and I mean complete game killer for me. I have no interest in ever playing an online franchise. I want the freedom to control the teams and run the NFL how I want which is as real as possible. I could care less about XP or any of that stuff.
I feel the exact same way. I just can't fathom why they would do something like this to us offline gamers.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
I feel the exact same way. I just can't fathom why they would do something like this to us offline gamers.
Based on the facts given so far, only "play now" mode is allowing what we could normally do in the usual offline franchise mode: Player editing in full and such is allowed, but you just don't get to play any kind of a season that keeps up with stats.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I find it all a joke! I saw all the improvements the made and jumped in and traded 12 in for a pre order. So my plan is to maintain the rosters in regular screen and just play now the schedule of the Jets and maybe a few other teams, then play the real playoffs. But its a REAL ripoff that they would take our freedom like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
It's crazy to me that we would have to choose between playing coach mode or using a created player. I love to create myself for a team, and I would love to have Tom Landry as my coach. But I can't do both. Who in the world thought it would be a good idea to limit the game in such a way? It makes no sense.
It is a strange thing i must say..one of those "oops i dropped the ball" kind of things lol. Create a player should be available for all modes of the franchise..period. A lot of us want to fantasize our self in the league and that should be important for the developers to see..there for it should ALWAYS be available in all modes.

This is where i say there is a lack of leadership and direction at EA Tiburon..while i see improvement..i still see no confident direction being taken with their flagship football game but to be fair they have made some drastic adjustments on their dev team so just like a football team rebulding..their dev team could be in that same state right now. There MUST be someone at the helm that will put their foot down and finally stop the nonsense of removing features ...never step backwards..it shows lack of confidence and unsureness as a developer team.

They are improving but its just not 100% right yet..i dont know, its hard to explain but i dont feel the confidence and direction coming from these developers in all areas..in some areas i do but not all of the important areas.

Last edited by Moegames; 07-11-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #13
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Based on the facts given so far, only "play now" mode is allowing what we could normally do in the usual offline franchise mode: Player editing in full and such is allowed, but you just don't get to play any kind of a season that keeps up with stats.

Yeah, it's weird. They're the only dev team that constantly has to cut stuff out to make something work. It's getting frustrating. I was super excited for 13, and I'll probably still buy it - but it's DEFINITELY a wait for a week's worth of impressions type of thing.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #14
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon12 Re: Created players in coach mode????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Yeah, it's weird. They're the only dev team that constantly has to cut stuff out to make something work. It's getting frustrating. I was super excited for 13, and I'll probably still buy it - but it's DEFINITELY a wait for a week's worth of impressions type of thing.
Why why why why why? The part of this that bugs me the most, is that people still plan to buy it. That'll just make them think they're doing things right. I want this to be a horrible sales year, so they get the message.

Besides, I can't imagine having more fun with '13, than I already do with '12. If '13 is such a downgrade for offline franchisers, don't buy it!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #15
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
Why why why why why? The part of this that bugs me the most, is that people still plan to buy it. That'll just make them think they're doing things right. I want this to be a horrible sales year, so they get the message.

Besides, I can't imagine having more fun with '13, than I already do with '12. If '13 is such a downgrade for offline franchisers, don't buy it!
So will there even be a traditional "Off-Line Franchise Mode" in Madden13??

Since we cant use custom rosters in CC modes, or control other teams, or edit roster mid-season... Im a little concerned.

I like to start a franchise with my own custom rosters. And I know lots of people here like to do 32 team control. I also like to edit rosters (to changed jersey numbers) periodically throughout the season... However it seems we cant do that in CC modes.

So will there even be a Off-line Franchise Mode seperate from CC?? One where we can use custom rosters if we want?

I'm going to be shocked if the answer is no.

Has anyone confirmed this? Has EA commented to confirm?

Last edited by kpkpkp; 07-12-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
So will there even be a traditional "Off-Line Franchise Mode" in Madden13??

Since we cant use custom rosters in CC modes, or control other teams, or edit roster mid-season... Im a little concerned.

I like to start a franchise with my own custom rosters. And I know lots of people here like to do 32 team control. I also like to edit rosters (to changed jersey numbers) periodically throughout the season... However it seems we cant do that in CC modes.

So will there even be a Off-line Franchise Mode seperate from CC?? One where we can use custom rosters if we want?

I'm going to be shocked if the answer is no.

Has anyone confirmed this? Has EA commented to confirm?
the answer is no. ea has confirmed that the only "career/franchise mode" is CC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »