Home

Changing a players position.

This is a discussion on Changing a players position. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
So, what happens if you play a 3-4 olb at a 4-3 DE position? Does he not progress as well, regress because of scheme or does everything playout ok?
If he hits his milestones he will progress fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #66
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Changing a players position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
If he hits his milestones he will progress fine.

What are the pitfalls of playing a Orakpo, Woodley, Clay Mathews, Ware, etc at outside LB? Is it soley goal based? I personally like running a 4-3 and am curious.

Thanks to anyone in advance.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #67
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
So, what happens if you play a 3-4 olb at a 4-3 DE position? Does he not progress as well, regress because of scheme or does everything playout ok?
The concern is primarily with how the CPU handles players. The CPU will not start players in other positions on the depth chart. If the CPU Colts switch from their 3-4 defense back to a 4-3, they would release or trade OLB Robert Mathis instead of simply converting him back to a DE. That is the problem.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #68
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
The concern is primarily with how the CPU handles players. The CPU will not start players in other positions on the depth chart. If the CPU Colts switch from their 3-4 defense back to a 4-3, they would release or trade OLB Robert Mathis instead of simply converting him back to a DE. That is the problem.
If its like HC09, he'll still play OLB but his ratings wouldnt be as good.

Worst case tho like u said, they'll start releasing and trading away players. Either way, its not good...
Old 07-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, this is one of my biggest concerns with Madden, and one of the reasons I'm not that impressed with CC and the introduction of schemes. Teams will not be making the best decisions in FA/trades for their scheme, because the logic is clearly missing a crucial piece in which CPU teams should be identifying players who play one position in certain schemes but would play differently in their scheme. 3-4 pass rushing OLBs should for no reason be looked at as 4-3 OLBs, and 4-3 DEs should not be looked at as 3-4 DEs. The only result this can have will be a) a player's FA market being considerably smaller due to teams not being able to make the quick connection that the player would be great in their scheme in a different positon or b) talent going to absolute waste being played out of position.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #70
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksheets
Yeah, this is one of my biggest concerns with Madden, and one of the reasons I'm not that impressed with CC and the introduction of schemes. Teams will not be making the best decisions in FA/trades for their scheme, because the logic is clearly missing a crucial piece in which CPU teams should be identifying players who play one position in certain schemes but would play differently in their scheme. 3-4 pass rushing OLBs should for no reason be looked at as 4-3 OLBs, and 4-3 DEs should not be looked at as 3-4 DEs. The only result this can have will be a) a player's FA market being considerably smaller due to teams not being able to make the quick connection that the player would be great in their scheme in a different positon or b) talent going to absolute waste being played out of position.
Wait, I am confused. It seems there may be a chance that this IS how it works in CC, which is what I was saying earlier. There are some that are upset about the prospect of the CPU ONLY going by these strict guidelines that you seem to want to be the case.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, lol.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Wait, I am confused. It seems there may be a chance that this IS how it works in CC, which is what I was saying earlier. There are some that are upset about the prospect of the CPU ONLY going by these strict guidelines that you seem to want to be the case.

Cpu goes after players that fit its system. It will pursue a 3-4 end if it runs a 3-4. It will pursue a 4-3 end if it runs a 4-3. Welcome to the nfl folks, not every player is universal to different systems... The players that are... They are very rare.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

There are people who want 4-3 teams to judge DeMarcus Ware as an OLB in their 4-3 rather than playing a DE? Maybe I'm confused. I simply want CPU teams to judge a player based on what he can do in their scheme. If he's a 4-3 DT who would be a bad NT but an excellent DE in a team's 3-4, that's what I want them to be considering in FA/the draft, etc. Not only how he fits as his Madden listed position. I was under the impression based on an earlier Q & A thread that players will be judged exclusively by their position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »