Home

Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Ronnie Lott

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Ronnie Lott within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Ronnie Lott

Look 2 post's above u @ Senator. It never fails Smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #26
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
Look 2 post's above u @ Senator. It never fails Smh
Well, I stand corrected on that one... every post but one... although my point still stands in a roundabout way considering he dropped the "petty" shot before hand.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 30
I can agree on the pads but when I first seen the pic, I was just blown by how realistic the pic looked in terms of the look of it.
As for the face mask, I could care less because it's less noticeable when playing the game and most of us could care less if 1 bar at the bottom on the mask is missing. I could see if EA completely came up with some mask not even close but those enormous pads were noticeable from 5miles away and a definite signature for Mr. Lott. GOTTA get those in, EA.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #28
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

All I am saying is this, For the 100 people that notice this stuff there are a 1000 that don't. Now I do agree they should make things look the way they looked back then and even now with players still playing. But IMO I would rather see them taking that time for gameplay than little things like facemasks and pads. You take the good with tha bad Im atleast happy that these players are in the game. Now I do agree with the sleeves being on QBs because more than 1 player has them.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
All I am saying is this, For the 100 people that notice this stuff there are a 1000 that don't. Now I do agree they should make things look the way they looked back then and even now with players still playing. But IMO I would rather see them taking that time for gameplay than little things like facemasks and pads. You take the good with tha bad Im atleast happy that these players are in the game. Now I do agree with the sleeves being on QBs because more than 1 player has them.
Now I'd much rather see gameplay too, but they are choosing to show screenshots over it. So, them touting these images comes with people criticizing and some loving it. That's how anything new being released is.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #30
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
This isn't a gameplay thread, though. This is a thread on the art direction of the game. If this was strictly a gameplay thread and they posted a video of Ronnie Lott lighting someone up across the middle and all anyone harped on was the lack of a facemask, then you might have a point. But that's not what this is. They released a screenshot on their own, readily welcoming the scrutiny. So, I ask again, if people are critiquing the art of the game in a screenshot thread then how does that qualify as "complaining about the little things", when EA themselves sets the bar when it comes to their attention to detail?

As as far as rather having them dedicate more time to gameplay -- that is a wholly valid point that has nothing to do with this thread and it is an old refrain that doesn't hold water this go-round. They doubled the gameplay team for Madden 13, so there is nothing that the art team did that took away from the gameplay and there's nothing that the gameplay team did that's taking away from the art team getting Ronnie Lott's facemask correct.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 12

You know what is funny, everyone in this thread is wrong...

They are making the Legends as they were in their rookie seasons, aside from Reggie White's #.

So Lott should be a CB...and if I remember correctly, not that I was alive, but I've seen the 1981 season highlights quite a bit...

He wore a facemask I don't even think is in Madden. He had the bar going right down the middle...from forehead to chin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 12

In fact, a quick google search of 1981 Ronnie Lott yielded these 2 pictures, one is a game worn helmet and the other is a Super Bowl picture.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »