Home

Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Ronnie Lott

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Ronnie Lott within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #33
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshot - Ronnie Lott

^ I've seen that facemask and I do know that these are supposed to be the players as rookies, but the Madden team took a populist route and made certain concessions to design the legends as people remembered them for the bulk of their career. That's why Reggie White has #92 instead of the #91 that he wore his first year in Philly, and that's why Mike Young dropped this on twitter a few months ago before the Mean Joe photo:

Quote:
Ok @steelers fans. What # do you want to see on Mean Joe Greene in ‪#connectedcareers‬? His actual rookie #72 or the iconic #75?
Old 07-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
^ I've seen that facemask and I do know that these are supposed to be the players as rookies, but the Madden team took a populist route and made certain concessions to design the legends as people remembered them for the bulk of their career. That's why Reggie White has #92 instead of the #91 that he wore his first year in Philly, and that's why Mike Young dropped this on twitter a few months ago before the Mean Joe photo:
Oh ok, thank you for clearing that up. Is there any word on if he is a corner or Safety to start?

And just to be clear, I would hope they use the equipment/# that they are most recognized in. I was just pointing out that this was his first facemask in the NFL. Much like his USC facemask. And that may be why they dont have the correct facemask in that snapshot. Possibly because they don't have that facemask in the game. So they just used a generic DB type facemask.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #35
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
Is there any word on if he is a corner or Safety to start?
This is a really excellent question that I don't have the slightest idea about. He was All-Pro at both, but just looking at the way pro football reference has him broken down, I'd guess that he'd be a safety since that's where he spent his prime years. His first four seasons he was listed as a corner; his 5th they have him listed FS/LCB; and the final 9 he was a safety. Just looking at that I can see them making the concession to play him where he spent the bulk of his career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #36
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I really don't understand why it matters how accurate this facemask is, you can barely notice it while your playing. You might catch a glimpse in a cut screen.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

Last edited by fsufan4423; 07-15-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #37
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
This is a really excellent question that I don't have the slightest idea about. He was All-Pro at both, but just looking at the way pro football reference has him broken down, I'd guess that he'd be a safety since that's where he spent his prime years. His first four seasons he was listed as a corner; his 5th they have him listed FS/LCB; and the final 9 he was a safety. Just looking at that I can see them making the concession to play him where he spent the bulk of his career.
Hey this isnt a what position did he play thread its a picture of the player thread, BOSS.............
Old 07-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

how come the graphics only look this good in cutscenes?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #39
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I really don't understand why it matters hoe accurate this facemask is, you can barely notice it while your playing. You might catch a glimpse in a cut screen.
Last year, they made a point of thumping their chests for getting green dots on the helmets, even acknowledging that most people wouldn't notice it, but saying they took the time to do it anyway because that's the standard that they want to hold themselves to -- 100% authenticity was what they said in the blogs. That was the goal. So, if 100% authenticity is what they are shooting for then why wouldn't an inaccurate facemask on one of the greatest players of all-time matter?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #40
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm surprised with all the talk about how the facemask is wrong, nobody has mentioned how the sleeve stripes are wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »