Home

(CC)?? Andrew Luck decides to come back for his senior year

This is a discussion on (CC)?? Andrew Luck decides to come back for his senior year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: (CC)?? Andrew Luck decides to come back for his senior year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
You obviously have never heard of Jeff Samardzija. He was a projected 1st round pick that chose baseball instead. He now is a starting pitcher for the Cubs.
How many times do we see this happen? If Madden has this happening even every other draft it would be too much. It's not something that happens enough to really be put in the hands of EA to include in a video game. We don't need a feature version of the Tyree catch added in. It's such rarity that it's far from a necessity to add into the game, especially with Madden's track record.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
So if he decided to go play baseball or basketball (Charlie ward) that would be pathetic? We are all pushing for realism here folks. That is a very realistic scenario.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Charlie Ward was a Heisman Trophy winner, but there was no way he was going to be drafted in the 1st round, let alone the #1 pick.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
How many times do we see this happen? If Madden has this happening even every other draft it would be too much. It's not something that happens enough to really be put in the hands of EA to include in a video game. We don't need a feature version of the Tyree catch added in. It's such rarity that it's far from a necessity to add into the game, especially with Madden's track record.
Just wanted to show you an example that, yes, some prospects do choose other sports aside from football.

You seem to be getting upset with the game before we know anything about how this works. If it's a problem, complain then. There's no reason to start complaining about it now.

Watch me play video games
Old 07-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpTiOnMaStA
I think you're missing the point here. It's not that this COULD happen that people are worried about - it's whether it happens to every prospect who decides to return for their senior season.

You mention Charlie Ward as an example of how this would be a realistic scenario but I think the opposite is true - this happens so infrequently to top prospects that we remember Charlie Ward for it.

The bottom line, though, is that if a very small percentage of players decide to stay for a senior college season and then never join the draft class then you have a point. If every prospect who decides to return for their college season never joins the next year's draft class, then it's pathetic and not at all realistic.

Since you're a game changer, I'll just ask you - do you know which it is?
You are taking this somewhere it doesn't need to go my friend. It is a POSSIBILITY. It's not going to happen often. It's a mole hill and a good twist that provides unpredictability on a small scale. You will not see the same scenario happen 5 times in a single ccm.

At this point you are over analyzing the heck out of this small thing.

Last edited by CRMosier_LM; 07-16-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #21
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

It would be nice if their ratings changed or even an injury occurred during the season and they tell you about it also some players are drafted and then decided not to sign due to other sports not something that should be included in the game or maybe just one or two prospects in the 30 draft classes combined
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #22

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
You are taking this somewhere it doesn't need to go my friend. It is a POSSIBILITY. It's not going to happen often. It's a mole hill and a good twist that provides unpredictability on a small scale. You will not see the same scenario happen 5 times in a single ccm.

At this point you are over analyzing the heck out of this small thing.

We're asking if it happens every time or not though.

If I'm recruiting a player who chooses to return for his senior year, barring one of these rare scenarios, will he be in the next draft class?

I think that is all we really want to know.

Unless I missed it I hadn't seen that specific question answered.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #23
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
We're asking if it happens every time or not though.

If I'm recruiting a player who chooses to return for his senior year, barring one of these rare scenarios, will he be in the next draft class?

I think that is all we really want to know.

Unless I missed it I hadn't seen that specific question answered.
And if he is do we lose the scouting info we already had on him?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 6

Here's an answer (not fully detailed if it's a 100)% chance though.

"EA wanted to make sure that scouting meant something in Connected Careers, so they created storylines for specific players in each draft class that can dynamically change throughout the season. This creates an emotional connection with the players you scout throughout the year and gives them personalities that you can identify with. You can play the same draft class in another league and you’ll never experience the same experience twice. So a high profiled QB may actually decide to go back to school for his senior year and withdrawal from the draft and then show up next season."

source: http://mymaddenpad.com/madden-nfl-13...-careers-faqs/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »