Home

So I Recent Picked Up Madden12 And Ive Arrived At The Following Conclusion...

This is a discussion on So I Recent Picked Up Madden12 And Ive Arrived At The Following Conclusion... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
So I Recent Picked Up Madden12 And Ive Arrived At The Following Conclusion...

...the ncaa series has more potential for greatness and is alot more fun of an experience than the madden series!

in fact i would go so far as to say that i think the Madden holds NCAA series back from its true (possible) potential and if all the resources were to be applied equally to both games, it is my honest opinion that NCAA would be a better gaming experience by a landslide. ill explain.

My EA football background:
Spoiler

we could get into alot of different pros and cons about both games, but lets skip all that nonsense because in the end we would only come to find that alot of that stuff actually even itself out in the end. so with that being said, allow me to go 4 the 1st round KO right from the jump to let folks know im dead serious. then we'll get into some other things as well.

but b4 i do thats lets make some (fake) assumptions for the purpose of conversation:
1. that both Madden and NCAA are up to par with where folks think they should be at this point and that everything works within each game as it is intended to.

2. The budgets and priority for both series were the same.

i ask for the above assumptions in order to pull out this trump card for the NCAA. even if both games were perfect and lived up to expectations in every single way, Recruiting trumps any single 1 feature that Madden to offer. Seriously, nothing Madden has to offer the gamer as an experience can touch it. F.A.? Draft? Please! Recruiting is infinitely better than both of those things put 2gether. Because 1. the competition aspect of it and 2. because it never stops; whether in-season or in the offseason. whereas in madden during the regular season there's nothing else to do besides play the games.

But to have 3-4 users start 1-100pts apart for a recruit that you know is going to take your team to that next level; and then to land said recruit or lose out on said recruit is a high and low experience that Madden simply can not approach on any day no matter what they add to the game.

4 what its worth, i prefer the NFL over College Football as a sport. and also 4 the record i did not and will not be purchasing NCAA13. I will purchase Madden 13 if it delivers, tho not day 1. and if thats flames out i will just re-purchase NCAA12 (mine got scratched)

now lets get into some other stuff.

I know alot of folks hate the fact that EA has the exclusive license and cant wait for the day when another company will get the oppertunity to produce another NFL game. But honestly while i agree with the logic behind that reasoning, Ive always felt that battling over the NFL was a losing fight to undertake; because in the end big bank always takes little bank. Another company wanting to get into the football market should 4get about the NFL and go to war with EA over College Football. With EA devoting the vast majority of its resources to Madden, a college football game, if done properly, is there for the taking.

so why are so many people still hoping that 1 day Madden will be this great football experience? now i do understand that this is just my own personal opinion, but as a community it is my belief that we should be hoping for the next great video game football experience to come from College Football. Imo its greatest possible outcome is greater than Maddens greatest possible outcome.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 07-17-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: So I Recent Picked Up Madden12 And Ive Arrived At The Following Conclusion...

Use the Madden NFL 12 impressions thread.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »