Home

Madden Playbook: Connected Careers

This is a discussion on Madden Playbook: Connected Careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon14 Madden Playbook: Connected Careers

The playbook they did for Connected Careers was recorded during E3. The only place I've found it is at livestreams.com/easports just as an archived version of the stream. The sound has a couple really bad glitches; which is probably why they haven't posted it anywhere else.
I know some people where looking for it and even though it has some serous sound issues with the recording and is in two parts it is pretty informative.

Part 1
They start by talking to Victor Lugo about the Infinity Engine, but Josh Looman starts at 15:00 talking about CC.
http://www.livestream.com/easports/v...edium=ui-thumb

Part 2
http://www.livestream.com/easports/v...edium=ui-thumb

I'm serious about the sound issues, they are random and will destroy your ears if your volume is too loud or your wearing headphones.
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
Rookie

S C 0 0 Z E's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden Playbook: Connected Careers

Thanks for posting, haven't seen this yet! Man, I can't wait to get Madden now and start my CC as HC of the Titans! CC looks very detailed, deep, and promising. It will hopefully actually feel like I am running my own NFL season/franchise.

The whole overview of the scouting and drafting really got me excited. In fact I don't even really mind the no NCAA import draft classes anymore because of the supposed realism of the draft, scouting, and draft trades in CC. I wonder, though, if teams tendencies can change. For instance will the Redskins ALWAYS be over paying players or?

PS: Already thinking/planning on what positions I should scout and try to draft for the Titans in 2013.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is the webcast not the playbook video at tiburon studio. Its suppose to be hosted by trey wingo but was never released, i believe its because the draft feature is a surprise or wasnt completed in time and was cut, like last years online tuning etc
Old 07-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

To the OP: Thanks for posting. The Connected Careers Webcast seemed to disappear and now you've found it! It's a really good video despite the audio problems. It explained many of the features of the mode in-depth compared to the more recent E3 videos. A lot of questions that have been asked on the forums here should be answered in the webcast, especially concerning Trey Wingo's use. Once again, thanks for finding this!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

thanks for posting this. I have a question thought I love the future of unique overall rating seems to be one of the best ideas madden as had for offline gamer's that is if it works that way online because he said a you and a friend can trade how about if I'm i choose head coach are we still able to get unique overall ratings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I guess you expect people to walk a 100 miles in the desert to see the car.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkcanes
thanks for posting this. I have a question thought I love the future of unique overall rating seems to be one of the best ideas madden as had for offline gamer's that is if it works that way online because he said a you and a friend can trade how about if I'm i choose head coach are we still able to get unique overall ratings?
You always see the rating of what they would be in your system. So, your friend runs prefers man cover corners. He trades you his 75 OVR CB, but since you run a zone scheme he's an 80 for you. Just a made up example but that's how it works.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
You always see the rating of what they would be in your system. So, your friend runs prefers man cover corners. He trades you his 75 OVR CB, but since you run a zone scheme he's an 80 for you. Just a made up example but that's how it works.

Sorry my mistake, I wanted to ask does this apply to "offline" I never play online, because of that I was getting a bit confused when he would say you and a friend, being that I'm an offline gamer does the unique rating still happen?..

Honestly a couple of days ago, I really gave up on this game, just thinking of the past madden and the potential they had but sucked.after watching this man I can honestly say those two videos have made me want the game. SO MUCH has been done to franchise eh I mean connect career coach mode (if that's even how you say it).. I guess this is the result of what two years of programming looks like

Last edited by Blkcanes; 07-20-2012 at 11:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »