Home

Will Madden 13 be the best of All-Time?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 13 be the best of All-Time? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Where will Madden 13 stack up All-Time
Greatest Sports Game Ever 10 8.33%
Greatest Madden Game Ever 31 25.83%
Neither 79 65.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #25
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Will Madden 13 be the best of All-Time?

Is Madden 13 a step in the right direction? Yes. Is it the best Madden on the current gen consoles? Probably.

But is it the best Madden ever? I sincerely doubt it. Best sports game of all time? LOLOLOLOLOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #26
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Neither.

PS2 games were the best Maddens. They had a play creator, better player movement, mini camps, position battles, historic rosters, Madden challenge, online tournament mode, they linked full offline and online franchise through the EA lockers.. it was just a deeper all around game. Hell, you could set the price of hot dogs and cheeseheads if you wanted.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #27
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Even as someone who has always said that each subsequent Madden has been better than it's predacessor for me I'm not really comfortable with any of the options in the poll. Too much change, a lot of hope, but certainly looking forward to 13 and how CC evolves from here.

This is like asking if the Heat is the best team ever in the NBA the day after The Decision.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 3

IF the physics aspect truly does what its supposed to by making every play unique, AND the implementation of this or any new aspects of the game
dont cause bugs that are gameplay breaking THEN this game will should go down as the best Madden ever from a GAMEPLAY (on the field) point of view. The inclusion of RTP (again if its actually there and its not some pseudo physics crap) would make it unquestionably the best playing Madden.
The problem with calling any Madden the best overall Madden ever is that over the years EA has introduced and taken away so many different features that you will NEVER get a consensus on what should and should not be included with respect to everything that is not on the field gameplay.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #29
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Considering that Madden NFL 12 was the most fun I have ever had with a sports game, I do have high hopes for Madden NFL 13. I am not about to evaluate it without having played it, however.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #30
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Even with Infinity for collisions and Read n React, the gameplay is a good ways away from being solid in terms of realism......

And now with them striping a lot of the stuff from Offline Franchise to get CC out there......My Novelty/Fun Factor I get from the game will take a huge hit

Being Locked into Donny Moores ratings just flat out sucks for me....Plus We can't create players, so forget bout coming on here and getting updated rosters after FA/Draft to get you through the dog days of summer. And its going to keep me from getting the game this year....unless the demo just completely blows me away with the gameplay

But I dunno how thats going to happen when we know player movement and OL/DL aren't getting realism brought to it.

So a big "Neither" from me

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #31
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Neither.

PS2 games were the best Maddens. They had a play creator, better player movement, mini camps, position battles, historic rosters, Madden challenge, online tournament mode, they linked full offline and online franchise through the EA lockers.. it was just a deeper all around game. Hell, you could set the price of hot dogs and cheeseheads if you wanted.

Absolutely mind boggling they do not let roster makers work their magic and share historic rosters.

This feature alone on 2K11 and The Show 11,12 have me playing those games year round. Of course those sports games are clearly the best in the business for my taste.

But imagine being able to replay classic seasons of the 80's or 90's with players like Marino, Montana, Sanders, Dickerson, Thurman Thomas etc etc etc. A huge letdown not having that option.

With that I have high hopes for Madden 13 and CCM. I am very excited to have a fresh, living and breathing franchise mode and physics engine. I would love to be able to play a Madden game year round again. I have not done this since Madden 2007 on XBOX/PS2.

I have a great feeling the Madden team worked hard on re-inventing/re booting this franchise which in all honesty has fallen flat since the move to this console generation. Madden 10 was the best this gen...but then it basically went backwards again as a total package. I really liked Madden 12 out of the box....and for a good 4 months....then the wonky tackling and lack of a real passing game just killed it for me.

NCAA 13 has really done a nice job with the passing game and Madden 13 will have the same mechanics. That really will help big time. I can't wait to demo this game and feel the new engine and see how tackling feels.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #32
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
This is without a doubt the best all around career mode ever in a sports game.
Assuming we have no major bugs or glitches that causes the career mode to freeze up after 3 seasons or something like that. I dont wanna give Madden the benefit of the doubt until they prove they can make it right.
I expect connected careers to be glitchier than any offline franchise we've seen to date. Hope they prove me wrong and Tiburon makes it work as designed. History has proven otherwise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »