Home

Madden 13 - CONCERNS

This is a discussion on Madden 13 - CONCERNS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 13 - CONCERNS

First I want to say that I am big fan of the series and I will definitely buy.
As every year they show videos about the new feature, but when the game is released, we can not see these updates. In my opinion if they spend 50% of the time and money they spend on advertising, the game would be much better.
I understand that is a tradition, but I do not care who will be on the cover of the game. If the game was good, could have just written on the cover of "Madden" and everyone would buy.
Do not invest time and money on advertising, investing in the game because if they make a good product, the game sells itself.

PROBLEMS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yPS5yNakAg
At 5:50 in this video we can see Rashard Moreno HB 220lb in straight position running over and knocking Casey Hampton DT 325lb. Really ?!? Where is tension physics ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZvNY2VaTlg
At 5:19 and 9:13 we see the DB just looking at the WR make the reception. Where is better coverage ??!

In the same video at 5:11 we see number 99 running free through the middle to get the sack when it gets stuck at number 77. Really ?!? We are in 2012/2013 and still continue with the same basic problems?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden 13 - CONCERNS

How about we let the game release first ........

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
How about we let the game release first ........
So that we end up like the NCAA folks (http://www.operationsports.com/featu...a-football-13/) complaining about things that we should have seen coming? Having constant freezes?

If there are problems that appear in Madden 13 videos PLEASE bring them up. So that I can see them and make an informed buying decision and not get eaten alive by EA's marketing.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

you do know that the advertising department is different from the guys who actually work on the game right? and fyi this is a beta and always has some issues. stay +++
Old 07-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Skyboxer I agree with you, I'm just pointing out some errors I saw in the gameplay. Many are thinking that everything is perfect.
I bought EA season ticket to have the game before.
I think they are on track, but to really make THE GAME, they need to start from scratch. This platform they use is old and full of errors. For example to show the inability of them. I read, but do not know if it is true that this year we will not have how to import classes from the NCAA. They could not fix the problems with the shoulder pads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Rookie

I know that mrmadden. But if they take that money and put more developers or better developers, might be able to fix the problems.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

After the NCAA debacle, I say if anything regarding Madden concerns you, feel free and let it be known! Us gamers work to hard and have been supporting these franchises too long to consistently keep getting burned on these titles. I understand that this is a game and know that it will not be perfect, but things like constant freezing (NCAA) within multiple game modes is unacceptable. When a company like EA monopolizes the sport, the big-time and diehard football fans have no other options but to suffer EA's horrible programing.

We all just want to enjoy game the game so that our hard earned money feels like it went towards a quality product that we would love to continue to support in the future.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisffsilva
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yPS5yNakAg
At 5:50 in this video we can see Rashard Moreno HB 220lb in straight position running over and knocking Casey Hampton DT 325lb. Really ?!? Where is tension physics ?
This video is about 2.5 months prior to release date, so there is still tuning and other things to take place in that time.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZvNY2VaTlg
At 5:19 and 9:13 we see the DB just looking at the WR make the reception. Where is better coverage ??!

In the same video at 5:11 we see number 99 running free through the middle to get the sack when it gets stuck at number 77. Really ?!? We are in 2012/2013 and still continue with the same basic problems?
And in this video, there is still 4 months to release date.

I'm not defending it, just saying wait til we see the final gameplay before you get riled up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »