Home

Madden 13 Fantasy Draft Work Around?

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Fantasy Draft Work Around? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 13 Fantasy Draft Work Around?

Okay so we all no by now that fantasy draft won't be implemented into CC Mode for Madden 13 which is a bummer. However, I think there still may be ways to work around outside of Madden to get this to work. Under this I'll list my idea for how to do a fantasy draft and feel free to post any of your own ideas/methods or comment on mine.

Basically I have two ways to go about getting the fantasy draft to work in Madden 13, the first step to either method would be to run your fantasy draft outside of the game on a forum or spread sheet or something of that nature. Use a random number generator to determine the draft order. If you have 32 people for your league obviously everyone just selects for themselves, if their will be CPU teams then the Commish will have to select for those teams, and you go in snake order until all the teams fill their roster and meet minimum requirements.

Next, the first (easiest) way would be to toggle salary cap off (if this is an option for CC I'm not sure yet) and cut as many players from each team as it will let you (obviously you can't go under min requirements) and sign them to their new team that drafted them. Once you've done that, cut as many more player from their original team (since you have signed some of the players to their correct team, you can now cut more players that aren't supposed to be there because the new players will fill min requirements) as you can and put them on their new team. Repeat that as much as you can and then use the trade mechanics to get any stragglers on their correct team until your rosters are correct. Then you would toggle salary cap back on and run your league as usual.

The second way to go about it would be if their was no toggle salary cap implemented into CC Mode. In this case you would have to use an outside website (such as XFN) and turn off salary cap there. Then you would do the same sign/cut/trade strategies I described above, but this time from the website. Again once you got the rosters correct, turn salary cap back on and business as usual.

Let me know what you guys think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 13 Fantasy Draft Work Around?

That's fairly clever. I suspect you could use an excel file of the rosters and then draft from the excel file.

GAMERTAG: ZACKATTACK52
REGION: PHILADELPHIA
FAVORITE TEAM: RAVENS
FAVORITE PLAYER: RAY LEWIS
Old 07-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Pro

The only problem is you would have to have a 32-man dynasty with 31 other actual people since you can only play your games now and control one team.

I have been looking for a workaround because this is the only way I would ever play Madden games in the past. You could also use an updated 2012 roster and do a fantasy draft on there and then update your rosters on your 2013 franchise
Old 07-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub71323
The only problem is you would have to have a 32-man dynasty with 31 other actual people since you can only play your games now and control one team.

I have been looking for a workaround because this is the only way I would ever play Madden games in the past. You could also use an updated 2012 roster and do a fantasy draft on there and then update your rosters on your 2013 franchise
The work around in the OP would work with any number of cpu teams, because you can switch teams(coaches) at any time. so the commish could change to the cpu teams and cut their guys and sign the right ones for them, then go back to their original team.

edit: i know you can choose salary cap options at the start of a CC but dont know if you can turn it back on once you are running one.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
Pro

That's true good point. For me, all of this workaround is worth it because like I said, this is the only style of game I would play on previous Madden. It's the easiest way to get all your favorite players on the same team without cheating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Yes, the main concern I have with this is if you can or can't toggle salary cap in CC.

Also another thing I forgot to mention in the OP, if you want the contracts to stay the same then you would have to trade all of the players rather than cut/sign. This would be more time consuming, but if you cut them then the new team will have to sign them to a new contract. I will most likely do the sign/cut method because it's faster and the contracts will still be relatively scaled even if it isn't their actual contract.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

they have it for offline so means they will have it for online to turn salary cap off since josh looman said one video show all the option and said everything u can do offline u can do online
Old 07-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_New_Classic
Okay so we all no by now that fantasy draft won't be implemented into CC Mode for Madden 13 which is a bummer. However, I think there still may be ways to work around outside of Madden to get this to work. Under this I'll list my idea for how to do a fantasy draft and feel free to post any of your own ideas/methods or comment on mine.

Basically I have two ways to go about getting the fantasy draft to work in Madden 13, the first step to either method would be to run your fantasy draft outside of the game on a forum or spread sheet or something of that nature. Use a random number generator to determine the draft order. If you have 32 people for your league obviously everyone just selects for themselves, if their will be CPU teams then the Commish will have to select for those teams, and you go in snake order until all the teams fill their roster and meet minimum requirements.

Next, the first (easiest) way would be to toggle salary cap off (if this is an option for CC I'm not sure yet) and cut as many players from each team as it will let you (obviously you can't go under min requirements) and sign them to their new team that drafted them. Once you've done that, cut as many more player from their original team (since you have signed some of the players to their correct team, you can now cut more players that aren't supposed to be there because the new players will fill min requirements) as you can and put them on their new team. Repeat that as much as you can and then use the trade mechanics to get any stragglers on their correct team until your rosters are correct. Then you would toggle salary cap back on and run your league as usual.

The second way to go about it would be if their was no toggle salary cap implemented into CC Mode. In this case you would have to use an outside website (such as XFN) and turn off salary cap there. Then you would do the same sign/cut/trade strategies I described above, but this time from the website. Again once you got the rosters correct, turn salary cap back on and business as usual.

Let me know what you guys think
^ The problem you may run into there is, do you select for CPU teams by selecting them the best OVR rating players for positions of need? You wouldn't want punters being drafted higher than impact players.

Consider simming through past Maddens to see how fantasy draft logic was used. The CPU had weighted positions and it was common to see a run on a position during a certain round.

EX: In round 8 there would be a run on centers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »