Home

Great new additions, but Madden still being held back by old limited camera options?

This is a discussion on Great new additions, but Madden still being held back by old limited camera options? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Great new additions, but Madden still being held back by old limited camera options?

I am pretty excited for Madden13, but a lot of that excitement has been tempered when the devs announced the Superstar (CC) cameras were the same as last year and that it does not look like there will be a reverse camera for defense this year again.

Last year was the first time I did not play Superstar for more than week, because the camera options were so horrendous. I still do not know why they took out the previous year's supertar/playerlock camera as this was great for being down on the field - especially for defensive players.

Then they announce connected careers, and pimp hard how you can play as one player -- but every preview says you should probably just be an offensive player if anything since the camera options are so limited. I thought defense was finally going to be fun this year with the Infinity engine and non-canned tackling for once, but I can't help feel that the camera holds this advancement back by not giving us a "reverse" defensive-up camera and superstar/playerlock camera to use on D.

playing down on defense makes no sense in this day and age, I can't imagine the outcry if 2k forced players to defend hoops this way or EA NHL was locked playing defensively down...but we just have to take it in Madden because a minority of complainers do not want to have to adjust to a new camera view. of course the easy solution would just to be include both cameras as options, make everyone happy.

anyway, didnt want this to turn into a rant (too late) -- but I hope they can look into getting some new camera options in CC and equally important OTP. OTP was a blast playing defense up when it debuted, some kids complained, and now OTP was back to D-down last year (D was un-fun again).

If the ifinity engine really is a game changer like they are saying, then let us view it how it should be seen when playing defense!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Great new additions, but Madden still being held back by old limited camera optio

Co-sign (agreed).

We should have custom camera views all across the board.If it's reverse playerlock,blimp,sideline,broadcast,standard,first person,third person,whatever
"We should have custom camera views all across the board"

Mega
Football is in the building.

Last edited by reddogmaddogbul; 07-20-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Great new additions, but Madden still being held back by old limited camera optio

I agree Op and just wanted to drop in to support this thread. I would pay $100 for Madden if it would include a field level camera option similar to BB with comparable passing mechanic linked and User customization to allow a CC Commish/Online Community Creator to lock a view in for everyone in that league/community. Hell, throw in the ability for Commish/Creator to lock-in all sorts of options like disabling each preplay adjustment, no switch/player lock, etc.

Please EA/Tiburon, give us the control to make the best NFL lemonade we can with this football lemon. lol

This is what I am talking about for feeling in the action. Having a camera option like that for the actual game play and a broadcast presentation for everything else around it would make Madden seem like a totally different game, imo.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

limiting camera views is ridiculous in 2012, that's all I can say.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

i would love have a reverse camera view specially on defensive but player lock i hate palying ncaa 13 and player lock is something i hate just cause the camera isnt behind u like maddne 11 its more behind u and side ways witch i hate if i had reverse camera view i would use that camera view on all modes we love the camera view on team play in maddne 11 wish it come back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 02:20 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

doesn't NCAA 13 have like a BackBreaker Camera View/gameplay?
Old 07-21-2012, 05:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

I honestly am fine with the camera views as long as they have the traditional one that has been with us all these years. Sure I see why other people want more, but I simply don't mind.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Totally support this thread.
There was another one that got buried talking about getting a lock camera for defense like NCAA but 2 years going since we've asked for it and its still not in.
Having a reverse camera and or lock camera would add so much to the game for me.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »