Home

What exactly is Connected Careers?

This is a discussion on What exactly is Connected Careers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13
What exactly is Connected Careers?

Can some one explain it to me about what exactly it is? Like what do you do and do you play against people online or the CPU? Does it replace Franchise mode?
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: What exactly is Connected Careers?

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...community-blog

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 07-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
So basically they have took out Franchise mode...how are we meant to play a Football game without a season.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
So basically they have took out Franchise mode...how are we meant to play a Football game without a season.
I think you need to seriously read the info thats out there. There are plenty of articles and youtube videos that thoroughly explain what Connected Careers is. You couldnt have possibly read anything and asked that question.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

i love this forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
I think you need to seriously read the info thats out there. There are plenty of articles and youtube videos that thoroughly explain what Connected Careers is. You couldnt have possibly read anything and asked that question.
Whoaah, watch out guys.
And considering in the Article hardly mentions anything about Franchise.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #7
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
Whoaah, watch out guys.
And considering in the Article hardly mentions anything about Franchise.

Quote:
Offline Franchise, Online Franchise and Superstar mode are all gone. EA SPORTS has replaced them all with Connected Careers, which will put you in control of how you want to play Madden NFL 13. Be a coach or a player, play online or offline, it's all available in CC. Also, fully integrated draft, free agency and salary cap are all a part of the experience this year. The tools have been put in our hands to fully realize the "online franchise" experience.
Quote:
In years past, there were three main avenues for career mode enthusiasts like myself to live out their virtual dreams: Franchise Mode let you build a legacy through the means of running a team, and Superstar Mode allowed you to blaze a trail as an NFL player. If you wanted to be strictly a manager, and leave the on-field action up to the powers that be, that’s where NFL Head Coach 09 came in. Connected Careers contains elements of those three types of play, yet is so much more than simply putting all three modes under one menu. What Connected Careers is at the core is an experience built from the ground up allowing a user to play however they want, with the same capabilities shared between the offline and online versions for the first time ever. Specifically, let’s discuss the finer aspects of what you can expect from Connected Careers on August 28th.
again reading ftw
Old 07-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

For the sake of everyone on here, I will bite the bullet and answer his question.

Connected Careers is the new all-encompassing game play mode for both online and offline play. It incorporates all of the aspects of Franchise Mode, Superstar Mode, and Madden Moments. I am not going to go into intricate details because those can all be found using the search feature, or by going to EA's Website. In a nutshell:

The mode is much deeper than it has ever been, including scouting, XP based progression, presentation, drafting, and physics based collisions and player movement.

On the downside, because the mode was built from the ground up, several items did not make it into this year's iteration: No NCAA draft class import, no edited rosters for Connected career mode, no ability to edit players in Connected career mode, no fantasy drafts.

Hopefully this answered your questions, if not, I refer you to the EA Madden website, watch the E3 video on Connected Career Mode

GAMERTAG: ZACKATTACK52
REGION: PHILADELPHIA
FAVORITE TEAM: RAVENS
FAVORITE PLAYER: RAY LEWIS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »