Home

Madden NFL 13 Video: Playbooks 5 & 6: Connected Careers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video: Playbooks 5 & 6: Connected Careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video: Playbooks 5 & 6: Connected Careers

The player ratings they showed are interesting, although who knows if they are the finished product. Interesting in that Brady was only a 90 OVR and Sanchez/Tebow were both 73 OVR.

Last year Brady was a 99 OVR, Sanchez an 83 OVR and Tebow was a 77 OVR.

These could be unfinished placeholder ratings, but if not, perhaps they finally stretched the ratings out.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

As an offline Madden player this video was just rubbing it in our face how offline gamers are getting the shaft. Looman says that we were limited in how we could create a player. How? We could create ENTIRE classic teams and use them for a 30 year franchise. Now we can use ONE legend...hooray! Saying that we can play with Tim Tebow..what is so great about that? I could control the Jets last year and control anyone I wanted. Now we can play online with our buddies who live in LA...thats great what if my buddies live in the same house and we have one system???? Do we have to make new friends across the country? I am sorry but this mode just ruins Madden for me....

oh and the no editing thing. Look at number 9 on the Cardinals. He has a normal facemask with a revo speed helmet. I know to some guys that isnt important but to many of us it is. I can just see the rookies now..kickers with visors, quarterbacks with lineman facemasks and everyone with dreads.

Last edited by bpac55; 07-23-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #11
Rookie

eds133's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
The player ratings they showed are interesting, although who knows if they are the finished product. Interesting in that Brady was only a 90 OVR and Sanchez/Tebow were both 73 OVR.

Last year Brady was a 99 OVR, Sanchez an 83 OVR and Tebow was a 77 OVR.

These could be unfinished placeholder ratings, but if not, perhaps they finally stretched the ratings out.
I hope they stretched them out... I would love to feel the difference between an elite QB and an Average starter. I am excited for the CC mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #12
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8
I've allready got a 6 man CC ready to go, just waiting on the game to drop!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #13
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER CO-OP CCM.

Where is it? Why was it taken away? Did they "not have enough time"? Whatever reason it was, it feels INEXCUSABLE to NOT INCLUDE IT IN.

With that being said, the mode itself is very impressive/ it has a lot of potential, the problem is that the XP seems as if you could do some unrealistic things with it, for example, a player can get a little faster during the early parts of their careers, but the XP seems like it allows you to gain as much as speed as you want.

If they allow you to boost QB accuracy a lot, then that isn't good.

Overall, what I'm trying to say is that while the XP isn't bad, it's not accurate enough.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #14
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

I like what I see with CCs. Now can the team focus on gameplay for the next 2-4yrs? Like fundamental Pass and run blocking? Front 7 assignments actually playing out? I have feeling they will now, hopefully.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #15
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Believe its been said countless times XP will take a good while to acquire and its not like you'll be able to boost someone up very fast at all.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #16
Rookie

Boog Been Swaggin's Arena

OVR: 0

An "in-detailed" superstar mode if you ask me. Definitely has promise. Could beef up the competition (over regular ranked-matchups). EA might have created something worth the purchase of M13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »