Home

Seems like there is a lack of info...

This is a discussion on Seems like there is a lack of info... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Seems like there is a lack of info...

With a little over a month left to go before the release of MADDEN 13' I am a little concerned about the enthusiasm for their own product.

I am sure we will see something hit soon enough, but I also think EA is beginning to realize the hype machine isn't working as much anymore. Sure people will buy the game because it's Football and we all love the NFL, but they aren't shoving a ton of info at us like we used to see. My thoughts are that they are waiting to drop a bomb of amazing info on us, or just taking it for granted we are going to buy it regardless thanks to the exclusivity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Seems like there is a lack of info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
With a little over a month left to go before the release of MADDEN 13' I am a little concerned about the enthusiasm for their own product.

I am sure we will see something hit soon enough, but I also think EA is beginning to realize the hype machine isn't working as much anymore. Sure people will buy the game because it's Football and we all love the NFL, but they aren't shoving a ton of info at us like we used to see. My thoughts are that they are waiting to drop a bomb of amazing info on us, or just taking it for granted we are going to buy it regardless thanks to the exclusivity.
The "amazing" info came out around June and during E3. The hype machine is working as it always has.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The "amazing" info came out around June and during E3. The hype machine is working as it always has.
I am not holding my breath for an updated/awesome NFL experience. They always manage to treat us like underprivileged kids. "you get what you get, and you appreciate it".
Old 07-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

We already know everything. My goodness, early June comes and people are "concerned" and "worried" that the info isn't out soon enough. Now we know everything, and we're "concerned" because of a lack of info?
Old 07-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
Every post I have seen of yours is pretty much defending EA/Tiburon for what? I assure you that siding with your fellow consumers sometimes for reasonable requests really doesn't hurt. The team that makes Madden does more wrong than right.

And if we know "everything" than I feel we deserve a nice price cut.
Really? Because I just spent the past two days being very critical of EA, Tiburon, and Madden in this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ngine-148.html

How many of my posts did you actually read? Look, I think your angle is extreme, and I question how in one fashion you say "I don't trust these guys!" and yet you want info from them. Excuse me, but doesn't that sound just a bit odd? Why are you buying their product if you feel the way you do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Really? Because I just spent the past two days being very critical of EA, Tiburon, and Madden in this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ngine-148.html

How many of my posts did you actually read? Look, I think your angle is extreme, and I question how in one fashion you say "I don't trust these guys!" and yet you want info from them. Excuse me, but doesn't that sound just a bit odd? Why are you buying their product if you feel the way you do?
I deleted this after you last post, but you continue to beat a dead horse. I ready your last post and came back here to delete this kindly.

I buy the game or "obtain it' because I WANT TO play an NFL game, I have hopes that this game will be great, but sure as all after the shiny polished demo with amazing player models, you get to your lower market teams and see Nothing has changed. You then start to see that another year, another big slap in the face to the rest of the NFL.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Once the demo comes out then the hype/speculations will go back to full force until the game releases.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

honestly, if you haven't seen much madden news then I'm guessing you don't have twitter? Everything is pretty much funneled through twitter now. I see posts and quick updates every day about madden on twitter, whether it is from the official Madden twitter account, or accounts owned by the dev team. Times are changing, internet connectivity is now front and center, as it should be. I would assume 90%+ of video game buyers are connected to the internet, and WANT increased connectivity to play with their friends over the internet.

GAMERTAG: ZACKATTACK52
REGION: PHILADELPHIA
FAVORITE TEAM: RAVENS
FAVORITE PLAYER: RAY LEWIS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »