Home

how many of u...

This is a discussion on how many of u... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #25
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: how many of u...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Deeper, perhaps, but the question is will it work properly?
Well yeah...that is just it. I also think we will get a mixed bag of impressions. There are those that will pour over every little detail and track every single move, then those who will just look for plausible realism.

I fall in the middle. I play as my team and focus on my team pretty much all the time. If the rest of the league functions properly (not seeing a ton of big name free agents each and every year but a realistic amount) 2nd and 3rd round picks not being cut in year one, etc. Then I will be pleased.

The biggest problem I had with franchise mode on Madden from an AI standpoint was the suspect resign logic. That was the only reason I went to 32 team control on Madden 12. I used a random number method and kept things reasonable.

Hopefully this area was poured over to keep CCM alive and vibrant and not get unrealistic. I expect shocking moves....and that actually happens IRL, but not all the time, every off-season. Plus if CPU initiated trading works.....it will be a welcome addition.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 24

Would I still buy a Shelby Mustang if they used a standard four banger engine, because well, it's a Shelby? Lol....

Seriously, I'm so used to features being removed in Madden it doesn't phase me anymore. I am curious about this whole CC thing. Looks like EA's other games are going this route as well (NHL 13). Too bad I have no interest in online gaming to really enjoy it.

But as some have said, provided the gameplay is solid, and the franchise immersive, it won't bother me that other stuff was taken out.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 29

I won't even try it and I already have season pass so I could be playing it early for nothing, but I refuse to support a half completed game
Old 07-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #28
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't really care about editing taken out. I never really edited anything in Madden 12 except for ratings. I don't care it all about the fantasy draft being taken out since there is already fantasy football and I get bored when I start a franchise with the fantasy draft because I feel the team is too good. When I play franchise mode, I wan't to earn getting an allstar team in Madden. I don't already want to have one. That's why I don't play ultimate team anymore in Madden 12 because I felt once I had a great team, I had the ultimate team. However, I am mad we have to use a default roster for CC in Madden 13 because now we won't be able to have classic rosters for Madden 13 CC. Overall, I will still buy Madden 13 because I care about the gameplay and I never really cared about editing or fantasy draft. CC sounds epic and is the future of the Madden Franchise.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #29
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Ive been on the verge of skipping a year for a long time....The Unrealistic Player Movement and Pass Rush/Pocket Formation have been a major major drag on my enjoyment of this game among other things

I'll wait for the demo, but I don't have much hope that those things won't be a major problem for me again.....

So taking another hit(Features We Lost) to an area of the game that helps me tolerate it has most likely finally pushed me over the edge..

I cannot stand some of Donny Moore's Ratings/Depth Charts....Being Locked into his view of the NFL is a Killer for me....

Thats the top one...but the other that goes with it is No Create a Player feature like we've had in the past....

Without that we can't make a decent Post Draft/FA rosters to hold us over the summer....That is a major hit to the value of the game for me, as I probably wouldn't be able to get into the game as much after the season ended and the rosters started changing in real life

Then theres the rest of the stuff left out that will nag at me too....Things like Not being able to play any other matchup....

Can we even Select the CPU teams uniform in CC Mode??The GameChangers have been woefully silent about that, so Im assuming you can't That'll be fun being forced to look at the browns ugly brown pants and Vikings Purple

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 07-30-2012 at 02:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »