Home

Alot of talk about this video today of 06'

This is a discussion on Alot of talk about this video today of 06' within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #25
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
I remember being so pumped and being so let down. It was a long pointless wait between 06 draft and Madden release date.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Alot of talk about this video today of 06'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Most misleading trailer ever. EVER.
I guess you could say the trailer was misleading. I think wether it was misleading or not depends on each persons take on it and their knowledge of video games, machine processing power, etc.

I knew for a fact that CG rendered movie would not be the game itself because I had seen previews and screenshots of OTHER launch titles for the 360. If Madden 06 came out looking like the trailer, and all the other launch titles looked like they looked then someone working on those other launch titles was getting fired. I sat back and laughed at all the people gushing over how awesome "Madden 06" looks. I even tried to tell people back then that the game is not going to look like that, not even close. I was told to shut up, stop being a party pooper, and I was being negative.

Negative? No I was being realistic and trying to prepare people for the letdown. Playing a video of rendered CGI is not and is nowhere near to this day being the same as actually playing and having full control over CGI in a game. Our current gen systems (and even high end gaming rigs) would blow up trying to render CGI on the fly with milliseconds of response time between your actions with a controller and what's happening on the screen.

But you kinda have to give the EA marketing dept props. You've never seen another high end CG trailer like that for Madden because current gen is already out so you kinda cant generate the "OMG THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME" hype. Most people had little knowledge of how powerful and the capabilitis (or limitations depending on how you look at it) of the 360 and PS3. People just didnt know. So since it was a new system, and we all knew they were supposed to be soooo much more powerful than our old systems EA seized the opportunity to really play up on that, over the top, severley exagerrate it. I was actually a little dissapointed in how many so called harcore gamers actually believed the trailer was what the game would look like.

Youll probably see something similar from EA for the launch of their games on the next gen of systems but I dont think they will render another high end over the top/no way in hell thats gonna happen CGI trailer. I think it will be "enhanced" visuals and clips of the actual game.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »