Home

Sim crowd wanting to make the game too complex?

This is a discussion on Sim crowd wanting to make the game too complex? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #97
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Sim crowd wanting to make the game too complex?

I think communities some what help the issues as far as play styles, no?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #98
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
NO! lol

At least not with Madden because unlike other games that seem to understand that there is no such thing as "balanced" game play mode for the entire community, EA/Tiburon continues to try to factory provide ONLY that mode. I have not played all the other current sports simulation video games but I think NBA2k, The Show, NHL and even possibly FIFA provide simulation or optimally realistic factory setting options. However, with Madden for some unknown reason, they seem to think one size fits all and they can only provide one factory way to play the game.

Sometimes it's honestly like Madden is being made on the moon or some other alternate reality considering EA/Tiburon's way to do things in madden has to be unique, regardless if conventional methods are better.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #99
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

But balance is a big issue in the video game world, and Madden is a video game first, representation second.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #100
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
But balance is a big issue in the video game world, and Madden is a video game first, representation second.
You might as well just ask me to "step outside" if you are going to post this, lol j/k.

Madden being a video game is a given and nothing they do will change that so I would think that is already factored into any reasonable decision made. As far as balance, NFL football already exists and within that is inherent balance. So the best way to represent balance in a NFL simulation video game is to replicate applicable aspects of the real NFL in the game as accurately as possible.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
FWIW smoke... I have you on my ignore list for a reason but I unfortunately can see your replies when quoted. You are wholey 100% incorrect.

(And remember... There have been people on several sites including this on that have accused you of freeystyle tactics.)

Personally I don't care what style someone plays... If its not for me, I don't have to play them. I'm not here to force people to play a certain way that I feel is "right". All I want is for folks to use common sense and stop the hate towards others players.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Never in my life have I played or ventured into freestyle type of.play, I have played many people here and other sites and I know for a fact know one who has played would say such a thing about my gameplay. If anything I play fundamental football at its most basic form.

You have me on ignore because I speaks the truth, I love competition and any sport or scene video gaming related or real life would be up in arms about people cheating or whatnot.

We have steroids allegations from 2 major sports and one almost barely hanging on due to all the scandals (MLB).

Do you or any of you go into games you physically play or watch and be like "I'm gonna pull some madden stuff tonight", "coach we playing freestyle tonight!".

I mean we been there and done that, so please miss me with the "I heard you play freestyle comments because they're not true. I don't know u or anyone here personally so I have not issue with calling out names on a forum when someone is too be called out.

In my MSL league, the guy who runs the site said the samething when he was looking for members for another league he was setting up, come to find out it was someone with a similar username as mine and he apologized for the mistake.

This is exactly the same situation, so your credibility stinks even more while blindly attacking my character with false info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Imo it does in a way, it can be very well regulated like online play should be, I enjoyed playing here but it dies so fast and was pretty much casual players. Get some hardcore players more involved with a lobby system and we are on our way, I would never venture into lib rooms again as there would be no need to.

To crosier,

I complain too much about freestyle gameplay to play like that myself, there's nothing cheesy or gimmicky about the way I play. I use football knowledge in a football game, I run 90% or more of my plays stock while I may just change one route when I do make adjustments.

I don't manually move players all over the field in order to defeat my opponents by doing one play schemes that trigger disc breaking animations because of.the way its manipulated.

I run with my team specific playbook at all times and my gameplay is balanced, I run at least 2-3 Omaha from each formation in my playbook on offense and about 6-7 on defense from about 3-4 different formations.

I don't run east to west with my QB at the snap nor do I change direction on run plays before they begin to unfold, I run my run plays as drawn and make my moves accordingly.

I don't face throw, nano, nor set my defense up the same exact way each and everytime. I rarely no huddle or run with my QB,.

I play football, and not try to end games before they're started, all my games have that "any given Sunday" give to them like they should. In desperate situations I maintain my composure and keep biting at the bit trying to throw my opp off.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #103
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

Madden is a tournament game, like it or not. Therefore, it must have that balance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »