Home

Sim crowd wanting to make the game too complex?

This is a discussion on Sim crowd wanting to make the game too complex? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #25
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Sim crowd wanting to make the game too complex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
I still don't really understand the reasoning behind why people want tiered playcalling.

I understand the idea of being able to create a playbook of defenses that the user creates that guarantees the coordination of the front and secondary; but I don't understand why people think it's possible to call a front and secondary that are coordinated in a short period of time.
Quite simple most defensive plays can have the line stunting with each other or a lb depending if one is blitzing while the coverage can range from man to man or cover 2 or cover 3 or clouded versions of those coverages or other terminology with it. Just because I call a Cover 3 doesn't mean I am not stunting my d-line with twist and what not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #26
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Or you use your stunt to free up a rusher. You could have Suh, stunting outside towards the tackle, while at the same time you have the OLB, rushing that same tackle, in theory the confusion would create an opening for one of them. In Madden though the Oline is never confused. How often in Madden does the OG from the other side of the formation race across the formation to pick up the free rusher? Too many.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-31-2012, 11:19 PM   #27
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
I still don't really understand the reasoning behind why people want tiered playcalling.

I understand the idea of being able to create a playbook of defenses that the user creates that guarantees the coordination of the front and secondary; but I don't understand why people think it's possible to call a front and secondary that are coordinated in a short period of time.
Because teams actually do it in real life?

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #28
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Or you use your stunt to free up a rusher. You could have Suh, stunting outside towards the tackle, while at the same time you have the OLB, rushing that same tackle, in theory the confusion would create an opening for one of them. In Madden though the Oline is never confused. How often in Madden does the OG from the other side of the formation race across the formation to pick up the free rusher? Too many.
There should be a certain amount of confusion in the game... the problem is how they decide to display the mistake. In Madden the G will sit there and not attempt a block or spin or something else that doesn't make sense to the eye. When they G could try to get a hand on one, grab and miss, or something.

Mean while if I can see this defense coming as the QB I should be able to tell the center and LG to double the DT and let the Lb through and call my back or fb to take the Lb as best he can if for only a second... whenever you audible a back to block in Madden it's a test in frustration because he can get caught between the G and C or simply not block anyone at all.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #29
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

I completely agree with those of you regarding changes to the defensive playbooks.

I came up with an idea a few weeks ago that I posted on NCAA's board. I also put it as an idea on EA GameChangers, titled "New Defensive Playbook". I encourage everyone to check it out right now it has 10/10 votes on Game Changers which isn't great but it seems like most people I have told the idea have liked it.

Here is the link to the thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ncaa-14-a.html
Old 08-01-2012, 02:49 AM   #30
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Simple: put the game on an easier difficulty.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I've read enough of your posts to know this has to just be worded wrong. When is the OL not confused? I know you mean they pick up too much.

I understand the concept of what you're getting at in your specific example. The problem with the tiered playcalling is that what are you going to do now with everyone else? How are you going to make sure that secondary rotates to the proper side with the blitz you're talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy57
Quite simple most defensive plays can have the line stunting with each other or a lb depending if one is blitzing while the coverage can range from man to man or cover 2 or cover 3 or clouded versions of those coverages or other terminology with it. Just because I call a Cover 3 doesn't mean I am not stunting my d-line with twist and what not.
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

You can not do this and expect to have a sound defensive structure. You can not slant your DL to the same side you're rotating the safety to, unless the safety inserts into the hook/curl.

Defensive fronts and coverages are tied together and must be coordinated in order to be sound.

I'm all for it, as long as whatever you choose first impacts what you can choose after, however, how do you get this done in time? Please don't bring up 2K5, because it's defensive structure was not right either. Plus, what happens when you have to adjust at the line because of the formation you see? What about when you're outnumbered based on alignment? Are you going to have to then change the defense to adjust at each level?

Defense is complicated (as well as offense) and this idea won't work, at least not how I interpret it. If someone has an actual way how to implement it, I'd love to hear it, but I am tired of just seeing Tiered Playcalling with no input on how it might actually work and make sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »