Home

Is there a gaurantee a madden 13 demo is coming?

This is a discussion on Is there a gaurantee a madden 13 demo is coming? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Is there a gaurantee a madden 13 demo is coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Keeping up with the ratings vote has no effect on the core gameplay and it's not a deadline issue since it's probably going to be updated with a release-day roster.

Also, there's probably only going to be two teams available in the demo, and it'll be from a build that's months old. The ratings vote should have nothing to do with the demo.
Thank you, Senator, my point, exactly.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #18
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Keeping up with the ratings vote has no effect on the core gameplay and it's not a deadline issue since it's probably going to be updated with a release-day roster.

Also, there's probably only going to be two teams available in the demo, and it'll be from a build that's months old. The ratings vote should have nothing to do with the demo.
No offense meant, but hear me seriously. Look at what you wrote that suddenly got a big thank you. You make two definitive mentions followed by two mentions that clearly prove you don't 100% know for sure...and you are thanked for it. Also, who are you? I don't mean that condescending, either. I mean, who are you? If you're an insider, put that in your name or signature somewhere that let's me know you are the bringer of truth and not to question you. At the same time, though, word your supposed truth definitively and/or give me links to confirm. Otherwise, it just keeps looking like an obvious split of factions in this forum - people who believe anything anyone says without recourse and who will sort of talk down upon those who obviously don't side with their mindset...and then everyone else.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Based on historical facts, they will get a demo out to us approximately two weeks before the final game arrives in stores, which is in the middle of this fan voting.

This is based on the facts that I know.

This happens to most demos for yearly sports games I've played, including Madden. NCAA came out with a demo a month before the game was delivered in stores this year.

There is proof for that.

The ratings will not be changed plus 5 or minus 5, only a bit, if necessary. A roster is released right before the season starts and rosters come out sporadically during the season.

Last edited by roadman; 08-01-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #20
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
No offense meant, but hear me seriously. Look at what you wrote that suddenly got a big thank you. You make two definitive mentions followed by two mentions that clearly prove you don't 100% know for sure...and you are thanked for it. Also, who are you? I don't mean that condescending, either. I mean, who are you? If you're an insider, put that in your name or signature somewhere that let's me know you are the bringer of truth and not to question you. At the same time, though, word your supposed truth definitively and/or give me links to confirm. Otherwise, it just keeps looking like an obvious split of factions in this forum - people who believe anything anyone says without recourse and who will sort of talk down upon those who obviously don't side with their mindset...and then everyone else.
Overanalyze much?

Let me just say this:

By the schedule that you posted to bolster your initial point of there being no demo, the cutoff time for them to be working on rosters and the game as a whole is August 24th. The game has to go Gold and be out the door well before that in order to insure the announced release date. So, your point on that is moot.

Secondly, my point about roster updates: there have been release-day rosters, or week-one roster updates for as long as I can remember. I can't guarantee one this year, but there's no reason to think anything otherwise, especially since the rosters will be worked on long after the game has gone out the door. I really don't see how you would connect the two thoughts that rosters would affect a schedule since rosters are updated all the time with a simple server drop.

Lastly, you don't have to believe a thing that I have to say, but I've been around here long enough to know how these things roll out and I was simply pointing out the flaw in your thesis, because the point you were holding onto made it appear as if you have no clue about what you are talking about . No one is trying to come across as unquestionable, but let me say this definitively since I apparently didn't word the final sentence of my previous properly: game demos are put together from completely different builds than retail versions, and the Facebook roster voting has nothing to do with the demo being released or not released.

You're free to believe otherwise. Who I am is completely unimportant. I'm just a poster who's been around here long enough to correct your point. Would have rather remained wrong?

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 08-01-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #21
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Can't believe this thread went two pages. My guess is there will be a demo, just like every other year for every other EA sports game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #22
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

Can't see EA not doing one .
Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #23
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Overanalyze much?

Let me just say this:

By the schedule that you posted to bolster your initial point of there being no demo, the cutoff time for them to be working on rosters and the game as a whole is August 24th. The game has to go Gold and be out the door well before that in order to insure the announced release date. So, your point on that is moot.

Secondly, my point about roster updates: there have been release-day rosters, or week-one roster updates for as long as I can remember. I can't guarantee one this year, but there's no reason to think anything otherwise, especially since the rosters will be worked on long after the game has gone out the door. I really don't see how you would connect the two thoughts that rosters would affect a schedule since rosters are updated all the time with a simple server drop.

Lastly, you don't have to believe a thing that I have to say, but I've been around here long enough to know how these things roll out and I was simply pointing out the flaw in your thesis, because the point you were holding onto made it appear as if you have no clue about what you are talking about . No one is trying to come across as unquestionable, but let me say this definitively since I apparently didn't word the final sentence of my previous properly: game demos are put together from completely different builds than retail versions, and the Facebook roster voting has nothing to do with the demo being released or not released.

You're free to believe otherwise. Who I am is completely unimportant. I'm just a poster who's been around here long enough to correct your point. Would have rather remained wrong?
This year has been extremely different than any other year with this specific game. I'm not talking about NCAA or Fifa or any other game dev. teams because I just don't go comparing apples to oranges because I don't think that way. I'm focused on Madden, the many vague and contradictory pieces of information that EA has thrown at us and I want real answers. What safer educated guess could I have made based on only knowing that the game code is now so complicated to update according to devs? That coupled with spending from now until August 24th - four days before release - was I really supposed to think differently? It irks me as to what I'm supposed to believe out of them at all really. Then there's the case of if you just want to "correct" me to believe whatever because you do, that's the real moot point.

I can't make it any clearer than that, as to how I think. I'm sorry if my ability to catch and question complete BS annoys you...but I bet if it was in some way helping you or per a scenario you weren't so lax about, you'd change your tune. I'm the kind of person that maybe does look deeper into things...but I'm going to find answers...and I won't be "correcting" anyone until I know absolute truths.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
This year has been extremely different than any other year with this specific game. I'm not talking about NCAA or Fifa or any other game dev. teams because I just don't go comparing apples to oranges because I don't think that way. I'm focused on Madden, the many vague and contradictory pieces of information that EA has thrown at us and I want real answers. What safer educated guess could I have made based on only knowing that the game code is now so complicated to update according to devs? That coupled with spending from now until August 24th - four days before release - was I really supposed to think differently? It irks me as to what I'm supposed to believe out of them at all really. Then there's the case of if you just want to "correct" me to believe whatever because you do, that's the real moot point.

I can't make it any clearer than that, as to how I think. I'm sorry if my ability to catch and question complete BS annoys you...but I bet if it was in some way helping you or per a scenario you weren't so lax about, you'd change your tune. I'm the kind of person that maybe does look deeper into things...but I'm going to find answers...and I won't be "correcting" anyone until I know absolute truths.
Do you read your own posts before you click the submit button? I don't know how Palmer could have been any clearer.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »