Home

I thought overall ratings didn't matter??

This is a discussion on I thought overall ratings didn't matter?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I thought overall ratings didn't matter??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoy7150
Lets say I have a TE thats a 75 overall on my team that Im interested in trading towards a WR on another team... Will it show me what other teams value my TE as, based on the schemes that they run, when I go to make offers to another team? The reason I ask is because lets say that team may have a WR that they value as a 70, but on my team would be an 81 based on the scheme Im running. Like someone replied earlier, based on past Maddens, you couldnt trade a 70 overall player for an 80 player as the CPU didnt value a players full potential. But with these "OVERALL" swings based on the players fit, it seems feasible this year.
The CPU will see the player you offer through it's system. So, in a sense, that might be possible, but not how you're describing it.

If I have a 70 WR and the CPU has a 75 TE, the CPU might see my WR as an 81 in its system and be interested in the trade.

From my point of view, I'm dealing a 70 for a 75. I'm trading a "lower OVR for a higher OVR". The CPU, though, is seeing that its getting an 81 for a 75 - business as usual.

I, however, can not (and should not) see what the CPU is valuing a player, just like the CPU should not (and hopefully will not) see what my system is valuing its player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
The CPU will see the player you offer through it's system. So, in a sense, that might be possible, but not how you're describing it.

If I have a 70 WR and the CPU has a 75 TE, the CPU might see my WR as an 81 in its system and be interested in the trade.

From my point of view, I'm dealing a 70 for a 75. I'm trading a "lower OVR for a higher OVR". The CPU, though, is seeing that its getting an 81 for a 75 - business as usual.

I, however, can not (and should not) see what the CPU is valuing a player, just like the CPU should not (and hopefully will not) see what my system is valuing its player.
This makes sense now that you worded it this way.... Thanks for the help!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
So basically why? If i have a 92 overall player and they have a 72 overall player then I do not want their player doing better than me.
Depends on how you use them. It's up to you to put players in position to make players either through playcalling or by user skill.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #28

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Overall ratings have never mattered.

Individual ratings at specific traits is what is and has always mattered. Way too much has always been put into the overall rating and I still have never had any one person be able to tell me what specific on field football trait overall rating affects.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #29
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

DEATH TO RATINGS!!!!! HIDE RATINGS!!!!!

That's what I want....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #30
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2

I think having hidden overalls could make for some interesting deals in Madden for sure.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 08-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #31
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
DEATH TO RATINGS!!!!! HIDE RATINGS!!!!!

That's what I want....
Agreed. So people can stop bitching about the top 10 player Ovr's in each position categorys. ^_^

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #32
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juce734
I think having hidden overalls could make for some interesting deals in Madden for sure.
Exactly. The hardcore Madden players usually look beyond the Overall. They want to know the strengths and weaknesses of a player. Not just deciding on something because of 1 number that could prove to be completely meaningless.

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »