Home

Big disappointment and I'm reminded why

This is a discussion on Big disappointment and I'm reminded why within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2003, 09:23 PM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Big disappointment and I\'m reminded why

Quote:

koebner said:
EA didn't "screw" you-you suck at the game.No shame there,you just stink.The fact that you can't even come up with your own slider settings indicates your lack of skill.All those blown leads and turnovers are your fault,not EA's.Just suck it up and take your beatings like a man and eventually you'll get better at the game.Or not.

Hahahahaha... you'll have to excuse me, that's one of the funniest posts I've seen in a while.

Thanks Mr. One Post. But is it my fault when my running back fumbles twice in 3 carries? Is it my fault when my linemen don't block, even with the pass block slider all the way up? Is it my fault that my corners, with the defensive awareness up all the way(not trying to cover myself up, it's true), can't cover a reciever for the life of them? And I'm not one to make excuses, never have been. So don't judge me before you know me.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

koebner said:
EA didn't "screw" you-you suck at the game.No shame there,you just stink.The fact that you can't even come up with your own slider settings indicates your lack of skill.All those blown leads and turnovers are your fault,not EA's.Just suck it up and take your beatings like a man and eventually you'll get better at the game.Or not.

Response is a little on the hardcore side but I agree. You have to have the patience to play the game until you get better, then things will begin to fall into place. Everyone else here was able to raise their level of play. I had a lot of those little complaints when I first started playing both NCAA and Madden, but after a while and after having found a good set of sliders, I was able to have some pretty good gameplay. Heck, I even complained about the supposed "comeback AI," but after I learned, not only how, but that I HAD to make adjustments to my offensive and defensive strategies THROUGHOUT the game, the whole thing has become a myth to me.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:39 PM   #11
Rookie

Thanks Mr. One Post. But is it my fault when my running back fumbles twice in 3 carries? Is it my fault when my linemen don't block, even with the pass block slider all the way up? Is it my fault that my corners, with the defensive awareness up all the way(not trying to cover myself up, it's true), can't cover a reciever for the life of them? And I'm not one to make excuses, never have been. So don't judge me before you know me.

Come on man, do you think you have a different game than everyone else or something? If everyone else was having these problems, everyone would be on your side. Think about it for a sec. Just practice and make adjustments or return it to the store and tell them your copy is harder than everyone elses.
Ok, sorry for being sarcastic but seriously, I think it is just a matter of practice and finding good sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2003, 09:45 PM   #12
MVP

bgeno's Arena

I know I have the same game, I just think people MIGHT be looking past these things for some reason. Or they might not, I really don't know. The linemen thing is really the most rediculous... this comes from a lineman: How hard is it to move your feet and get infront of the defender? I guess I'll never know.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:00 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

bgeno said:
I know I have the same game, I just think people MIGHT be looking past these things for some reason. Or they might not, I really don't know. The linemen thing is really the most rediculous... this comes from a lineman: How hard is it to move your feet and get infront of the defender? I guess I'll never know.

I think you are right, I mean I know that I do look past some things sometimes, like when a ball goes through my cornerbacks head or a safety tries to jump for a ball that is way over his head and ends up giving up a touchdown. But most things can be adjusted to or practiced against. As far as the lineman thing goes, do you run the quaterback way back or do you stay in the pocket? Staying in the pocket helps guide the DE into the OL so that he has to get through him and not around. Try to make the DE run through somebody by positioning yourself better as the QB. See if that might help. Just a thought.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:05 PM   #14
MVP

bgeno's Arena

Quote:

outkast44 said:
Quote:

bgeno said:

I think you are right, I mean I know that I do look past some things sometimes, like when a ball goes through my cornerbacks head or a safety tries to jump for a ball that is way over his head and ends up giving up a touchdown. But most things can be adjusted to or practiced against. As far as the lineman thing goes, do you run the quaterback way back or do you stay in the pocket? Staying in the pocket helps guide the DE into the OL so that he has to get through him and not around. Try to make the DE run through somebody by positioning yourself better as the QB. See if that might help. Just a thought.

I drop back slightly further, but definately not rediculously far. Maybe that's the problem... I dunno.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:25 AM   #15
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

The problem is that you're in denial.You can't play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2003, 05:59 AM   #16
MVP

bgeno's Arena

I told you before, I don't make excuses. If I thought I couldn't play, I'd sit down and teach myself. I thought I couldn't play at first. Then I sat down, played 10 games or so trying to teach myself how to play like I did with NCAA and it never came because I couldn't get over those problems.

Now will you quit posting stuff like that. And again, don't judge me before you know me. You're certainly not making a good impression on me in your first 2 posts. I'm trying to be nice about this, and I hope I am thus far, but posts like yours, Mr. 2 posts, really disappoint me. Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »