Home

How Sliders can Impact User vs User Games In CCM*

This is a discussion on How Sliders can Impact User vs User Games In CCM* within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: How Sliders can Impact User vs User Games In CCM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Also wanted to note that lowering FG Power to "39" made a very nice change to the range for kickers. I tested with S. Janikowski (99 KPW) and his max without the wind behind him was 58 yards at 98-100%. I coupled that with an accuracy slider of "0" and the little whit box shrunk to a very thin line.

It only worked in "practice mode" (the white box shrinking), tried offline, and in our OLC and it stayed big so I suppose it's bugged. But in practice mode you saw more drifting left/right as I was usually a hair left/right of the thin line which made longer FG's more challenging. My kicker fro Carolina Olindo Mare 93 KPW had a max range of right 50-52 yards with a perfect kick.

Disappointed it didn't transition into the OLC, oh what could be. Here's to hoping it works better in M13.
I appreciate this and hope it does actually work in CC for M13. Have you tried anything like that for punts as well or do you feel those are ok by default?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I appreciate this and hope it does actually work in CC for M13. Have you tried anything like that for punts as well or do you feel those are ok by default?
I think the punts could stand a +5 increase to help with the distance/hang-time, although I haven't had a chance to tweak any yet. But man the FG difficulty was welcomed til I found out it didn't transition online, no idea why.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 08-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Been playing a few games with the speed-threshold at (0), similar results to the listed setting of (15). The most notable difference is that a QB who is being spied by a slower player can actually outrun the spy.

As well as when you leave the pocket, you see much less QB chase downs IF you have a fast QB. What you don't see is QB's with mid 60's-70's speed turning the corner on DE's with speed (because speed-threshold allowed the gap between not only fast>slow, but also slow>fast).

I know to many speed-threshold seems like advantage offense but there are some defensive applications as well, like mentioned above. You will see more separation with a faster WR (95+) vs a slower DB on a go route, but you also won't see the slower receiver burn a DB on a go either. As far as running goes it's much harder to turn the corner with mid 80's speed HB's given the majority of them have the skill-sets to run inside vs the outside to begin with. You'll also see less breakaways IF you're facing a slower back and have a fast secondary given the HB makes it to the 3rd level.

With the threshold at (0)the over-aggressive blitz Cov 0/1 many used down in and out to compensate for the lack of a rush is limited in it's effectiveness, now it CAN be run but you need the personnel to do it. It also allows deep threats like Torry Smith (BAL), DeSean Jackson (PHI), and others to make user defensive play callers think twice before leaving DB's on an island who aren't as fast without S help. Because if the QB has time the defense will get beat over the top. It just adds another dimension to be considered and makes a user evaluate personnel and institute a defensive scheme or concept suited for his team and the team he's defending.

Just keep in mind that with the adjustment to the pass rush (100), users can run more two man under in passing situations and get a good rush if the match-ups favor their DL, the other night during testing the Lions DL was stone-walled by the Saints OL until late 3rd/4th quarter when the rush finally picked up. (Reminder all testing is done vs users) So again the majority of our results go back to being ratings driven vs 'Madden' driven. Putting an emphasis on knowing what you're doing from a football perspective and not necessarily a Madden perspective. Obviously understanding how this game works plays a role, it's just not as impactful (referring to madden strategy).

Last edited by Dj_MyTime; 08-11-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Very glad to hear about the speed threshold adding more real life risk/reward and also about the pass rush. Keep up the good work man, seems like you might be headed to a solid User v User slider set for online play. If M13 game play is improved over M12 and it should be, these sliders are hopefully that much better applied to M13.

Your project has me hopeful about salvaging the game play in M13 in spite of the things we know they did not address.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #13
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Very glad to hear about the speed threshold adding more real life risk/reward and also about the pass rush. Keep up the good work man, seems like you might be headed to a solid User v User slider set for online play. If M13 game play is improved over M12 and it should be, these sliders are hopefully that much better applied to M13.

Your project has me hopeful about salvaging the game play in M13 in spite of the things we know they did not address.
Thanks, I really hope users especially those who never played online, along with those who do play online realize the potential slider sets for user games could have on the Madden experience.

Actually reviewing Pass Acc for vs CPU purposes in the event a user faces CPU in a CCM League game. It's so odd the difference in the tuning of the sliders. The (10) Pass ACC vs the CPU for the user is very exaggerated vs (10) when facing another user. May bump to (25) which is the All-Madden base number vs CPU.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #14
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Nice thread. I'm very interested in finding a slider set for my CC league and you have some nice ideas. Quick question tho, are you making these adjustments to carry over into 13 or are you just making them for reference in 12? It seems to me, that sliders might need to be completely tweaked again once 13 drops because of the effects the infinity engine and total control passing might have on the game.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Has it been confirmed that sliders will have an effect in user/user games?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #16
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Nice thread. I'm very interested in finding a slider set for my CC league and you have some nice ideas. Quick question tho, are you making these adjustments to carry over into 13 or are you just making them for reference in 12? It seems to me, that sliders might need to be completely tweaked again once 13 drops because of the effects the infinity engine and total control passing might have on the game.
We're in the process of beginning the first round of tweaks (in the DEMO, it seems some of the sliders are more sensitive in comparison to M12), I hope to have everything set by September 18th...which is when our CCM launches for M13 online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »