Home

Madden NFL 13 Demo NOT Coming Tuesday, Most Likely August 14th

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Demo NOT Coming Tuesday, Most Likely August 14th within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #41
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 13 Demo NOT Coming Tomorrow

The waiting continues.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #42
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
yea, i didnt think the demo was coming out this week either. 2 weeks before release makes sense to me.

But I have to agree with several others...it's a tad worrisome that they haven't released any kind of gameplay videos to this point. I would like to see a full quarter or a half (if not a full game) played in fullscreen (not off-screen), just showing off some of the new catch animations, and ball trajectories, and tackling physics.
Here's two raw gameplay videos from E3. They're both about ten minutes long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4-Iv3a4Knc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvAmWM-kbWQ
Old 08-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #43
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

The funny thing is if the demo is phenomenal there will be people touting that as a good sign for the retail but if it's meh, some of those same people will be saying "it's just a demo" and vice versa.

I don't put much stock in it either way other than trying to point out what I feel needs to be improved hopefully before release and what seems solid. That's why I think it's a wasted opportunity to release the demo so close to the retail release. An early demo seems like a great way to get a jump on inevitable issues that can be easily caught by the masses, using the demo like a beta test. Of course the demo will have issues so it seems like a good idea to me to release it early and make it about finding/reporting those issues than just about sampling the game play.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 16

Ea just does whatever is good for their marketing team. They don't care that we want the game to spend a lot of time with during the summer hours. They don't care that we want the demo sooner rather than later. They'll make more money if there's more weeks in between NCAA and Madden, especially for the NCAA team; not to mention, they'll be more hype around the NFL when it's right before week 1. So, they do what most companies do and focus on hype and marketing above consumers wants.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
We had tons of info revealed prior to E3 via the presentation podcasts, Madden was one of EA's main games shown at E3, and from E3 we got TONS of pure gameplay videos.

So regardless off how much gameplay we've seen, and info we've received, because it hasn't been on last year's time schedule, suddenly this game is going the way of NBA Elite? Some of you can't possibly be serious with this...

Honestly, outside of seeing MORE gameplay footage, what more do you need to know? We know about the physics, the updated animations, CC mode, graphical/lighting updates, we've gotten weekly screenshots of players and legends... and despite all this, we've gotten a lack of info? Again, outside of just seeing a few more gameplay videos, we've already been told almost all the info there is to know about this years title. And let's be honest, if they continued to release podcasts/webcasts of things we already know, then everyone would be bitching that this is all "old news".

I'll agree that if we don't get a demo next week that I'd be bummed, but it is what it is. Until that point though, people need to chill. The conspiracy theories are just ridiculous, lol.

Well, there's always a promo video out by now, then comes the officially released EA videos showing full games not to mention the video game insiders showing game footage and putting it on YouTube as well. Then we also usually have dev blogs off the EA site with info of what being fine tuned or whatnot.

You forget we got a big promise about how much better commentary is supposed to be yet even after the one preview we got from the Commentary Playbook we barely even know exactly what they did to actually improve it. Is it actually going to be as active as other games now or not (real-time stats, majority of player names mentioned...what's actually improved)? We know as much about the commentary now as we did about 2 months ago still not to mention just about everything besides some CCM info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #46
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing a commercial last night during the HOF game, either. Not that I could have missed one, but...?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing a commercial last night during the HOF game, either. Not that I could have missed one, but...?
It'd be on YouTube if there was one. They are very under wraps this year, it's worrisome but it can be good news that they are just making sure every thing works properly this year...but we'll never know until at least the demo I guess.

Last edited by Jimi XIII; 08-06-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #48
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
It'd be on YouTube if there was one. They are very under wraps this year, it's worrisome but it be good news that they are just making sure every thing works properly this year...but we'll never know until at least the demo I guess.
I really think that's reading too much into all of this because they have been releasing video with other things. For example the recent Top RBs vote has video with it that clearly shows Infinity at work. If anything I would think they might be saving the official EA retail game play for after people get to "feel" the Infinity engine. According to those that have played it, even people at E3, that's when the impact of the new engine can truly be appreciated.

Guess we will find out next Tuesday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »