Home

Broken Controllers

This is a discussion on Broken Controllers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Broken Controllers

Just for fun, not to be malicious, but how many of you have broken a controller as a direct result of frustration with Madden's game play? ... and how many controllers have you broken?

I have had it happen to me once before when years ago on last gen, and that was a pricy lesson in anger management... and I have heard stories of others on these very forums who have done the same.

Have you ever thrown your controller at the floor in anger/frustration?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Broken Controllers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Just for fun, not to be malicious, but how many of you have broken a controller as a direct result of frustration with Madden's game play? ... and how many controllers have you broken?

I have had it happen to me once before when years ago on last gen, and that was a pricy lesson in anger management... and I have heard stories of others on these very forums who have done the same.

Have you ever thrown your controller at the floor in anger/frustration?
when i used the ps2 for madden i broke a few since i got the ps3 2 yrs ago i havent broke any although i have found myself wanting to throw it lol but @ $50 a pop im more careful now lol.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

My R2 button broke because, although they clearly told us that it was no longer the sprint button...brainwashing/conditioning for so long still took precedence...haha.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

I was playing against a friend of mine about a month ago. I was the 49ers and he was the Lions. I was up 27-21 with 14 seconds to go. He was on the 47 yrd line and I already knew what was coming. A BOMB TO CALVIN JOHNSON. I picked one of the plays in 3 quarters where he gets double teamed, I had a safety over the top, and I took another corner and just ran him back to the end zone. Ball is snapped, no d line pressure, few seconds and Stafford cannons it into the end zone......TOUCHDOWN LIONS......controller goes flying through the air and puts a whole in my bedroom wall. My controller is unfortunately still in tack though. I wanted in to be shattered.

My friend talkin so much junk now, me not even wanting to finish the game. He squib kicks it. I catch it and pitch it back to Ginn Jr. I ran side to side losing yards, then all of a sudden.....I see the gaping hole towards the right side line. I hit it and soon only have the kicker to beat. He misses and a few seconds later.....TOUCHDOWN 49ERS......My friend grabs a baseball bat, walks out the door, and well bye bye his controller.

I getta talk my smack now. And he is left without a controller. I now consider my controller to be very special. lol
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Never broken a controller.

Although, I have been know to smack the piss out of my ottoman

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have a box full of broken ps3 controller parts.. my controllers I use now is half of a black and half of a the digital camo controller for ps3. had to start recycling cant keep droppin $50 bucks on these controllers
Old 08-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

I've broke 3 controllers from playing CoD. Never broke one from Madden. I don't really ever rage on Madden, probably because I only play offline franchise, online is too much cheese for me and probably would cost me a few broken controllers and holes in the wall.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

I broke my first and only controller playing The Show. Thanks to the dreaded "CC"........

But never on Madden. Guess because I kinda know what to expect and am not shocked when crazy things happen..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »