Home

Will you take the awareness hit?

This is a discussion on Will you take the awareness hit? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Will you take the awareness hit?

It's unfortunate that in Madden 13 the only option to change a player's position is to use the depth chart.

If I have two great RE's, I can't shift one over to left end without him taking an awareness hit because he's being played "out of position."

What will you do? Take the awareness hit by playing a player "out of position," or look to upgrade with a player who plays the exact position you need?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Will you take the awareness hit?

I think they take the hit based on how well they fit their new position, right? So moving from LE to RE or ROLB to LOLB shouldn't hurt him. That's what I thought anyway.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
I think they take the hit based on how well they fit their new position, right? So moving from LE to RE or ROLB to LOLB shouldn't hurt him. That's what I thought anyway.
In all previous iterations of Madden they would take the hit, so I assume they will again this year. But I hope you're right.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
In all previous iterations of Madden they would take the hit, so I assume they will again this year. But I hope you're right.
Usually EA makes it as illogical and difficult as possible, so don't hold your breath.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
Usually EA makes it as illogical and difficult as possible, so don't hold your breath.
Yes they do. I don't understand why they're taking a step backward. Especially after highly promoting player editing last year.

While promoting M12 they would use lines like, "We know this will please the hardcore gamers." Why take that option out then?

I don't even need full editing features. Just something as simple as position editing.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »