Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay with Kinect

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay with Kinect within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay with Kinect

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont have an issue with that at all. Look at the angle he hit him. Peterson is off balance and the CB hit him square with his shoulder.
The only issue I have with it, is the kill shot + football placement by Peterson, I think the football should be on the ground.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #10
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

OVR: 0

Loved what I saw from some of the game play showing off the Infinity Engine. Not sure how anyone can take anything from that video and spin it as being negative? Since joining OS that is one thing that still baffles me to this day from some of our members.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The only issue I have with it, is the kill shot + football placement by Peterson, I think the football should be on the ground.
I really fell like a downer today but I wonder if we will ever see what you are referring to factored in. The wrap up button for securing the ball is a great addition but I am afraid it will never see its' full potential because so many gamers want all the reward but little to no risk. The added risk to using User controlling a player with a lesser carry or catch rating and anytime any player is taking a big hit, should be the need to secure the ball. I despise the fact how the ball magically sticks to players hands and just that added necessity to consistently wrap up/secure the football would make offense that much more realistically challenging for the User.

Even for User receptions I wish success would require not only that the User receiver get their hands on the ball but have to possess it and complete the process by securing the ball with the wrap up button. This would allow for more realistic drops for catches and INTs instead of an instant catch or drop.

User control is far too often used as an excuse for making actions in Madden more manually successful, when manual control should be inherently more challenging but potentially more personally rewarding than trusting the AI. If I can either trust the AI, ie the virtual player or do it myself for a far greater success rate, that's really not much of a choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #12
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I think the real problem is hit awareness, or that there is no hit awareness. Peterson would get blasted if he had lost momentum and balance + was standing straight up. What makes it unrealistic is that Peterson or any other
Rb would duck, lower a shoulder, do something so the hit wasn't clean. Very rarely do players get blasted because they know how to maneuver and avoid big hits. Player momentum isn't enough to tone down the amount of hard hits currently in madden.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Major Wright (S) is the one who hit AP. He sure as heck can't cover, so perhaps he has a high hit rating, or whatever that type of rating on D is called.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Major Wright (S) is the one who hit AP. He sure as heck can't cover, so perhaps he has a high hit rating, or whatever that type of rating on D is called.
Based on the past I can't give them that much credit. I'd bet his hit power is mediocre to low. It's just an animation playing out. If his hit power is high I would like to know what he's done to garner that reputation.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Isn't it Jonathan Wilhite that hit him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #16
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »