Home

Your trades in Madden 13

This is a discussion on Your trades in Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Your trades in Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadlerT
I liked reading that. I like when people are a GM and have an idea of what they're doing, while adding possible key pieces in the future.
Thanks man. Not to take a shot at the guy who just posted about wanting to trade Brady for Richardson, etc. but I hate trades like that. Even realistic player-for-player trades are SO rare in the NFL...hell, all trades involving players are pretty rare in the NFL. The most trades by FAR around the league entail trading around in the draft on draft weekend.

So for me, the best way to shake up the roster a bit and get "my guys" is to pay attention to scouting and the draft, and then move around draft picks like I did above in a realistic way that could have actually happened, to get young depth players I'll be invested in progressing and getting involved in the game plan.

I don't become enamored with players around the league that I'd have to make an unrealistic or unlikely trade to get onto my Redskins...I become enamored with rookies coming into the league that my team had a fair shot at drafting anyways, and they all have ratings in the 50's-70's to start off as well, which keeps its fair even when I have a lot of guys I like on the roster.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

already a trade thread on here somewhere
Old 08-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by linabronson
already a trade thread on here somewhere
First of all, if you're talking about a thread just like this, I think you're wrong. The thread I believe you're referring to was a "rate my trade" thread for Madden 12, about trades that had already happened or people were thinking about making in their franchises for that game. This thread is about trades we'll make when starting out CCM as a coach in Madden 13. That's very different. I doubt you'll even get someone whose looking forward to playing CCM and making moves in Madden 13 to look in that other thread, because it's full of Madden 12 franchise trades that they aren't interested in.

If I'm wrong, and there IS a Madden 13 planned CCM trades thread, then I apologize. But I searched the front 2 pages of threads here and didn't see it after I saw the first person comment that this was a duplicate.

In short, I think this thread serves its purpose, which is different from the other threads purpose, and is fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #12
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

As the Bears, I'll probably trade Jason Campbell at some point if a starting quarterback gets hurt or in the offseason before the draft. I'll try to get a 3rd rounder out of him, but if I can't get anything higher than a 5th I'll just keep him. He's a great player and I think he deserves another shot.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #13
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

I don't have any specific trades, but I will look to trade away Will Smith and Roman Harper(barring ratings, but if they are similar to last year then he's gone) for $$ reasons if I can.

Last edited by Chrisksaint; 08-09-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
As the Bears, I'll probably trade Jason Campbell at some point if a starting quarterback gets hurt or in the offseason before the draft. I'll try to get a 3rd rounder out of him, but if I can't get anything higher than a 5th I'll just keep him. He's a great player and I think he deserves another shot.
The Redskins traded him for a 4th round pick TWO years down the road. Thats right, in 2010 they traded him for a 2012 4th. He'd be worth maybe a 6th now, and that would be pushing it. If anything, I'd move him for a 6th or 7th to a team in need of a veteran backup to be fair.

Or even better, pick that team and then try to trade him straight up for a player taken in the 6th or 7th this past draft. That way, it's like the Bears traded him during the draft for the pick thqt got a guy you like.

Last edited by ConnSKINS26; 08-09-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #15
Rookie

dboyfresh89deuce's Arena

OVR: 2
As I will be running with my Raiders and choosing the scout type as a persona, I want to build through my draft picks. So I want to start thru free agency my first year picking up players who can contribute. With Seymour getting older I will probably trade him for mid round picks. Its still a thought in process but with kelly, shaugnessy, and houston I have a good 3. I want to add depth on the outside rush and really build a stingy 3-4 defense. As for my db's I have a good squad with speed, so I will devolop DVD and checkwa. Huff will most likely see the trade block to gain some picks or an OLB with great pass rush and speed. I can find a FS in the draft that will ball hawk or speed. I'm about defense this year and the tenacity of the Raiders of the Madden Era needs to return so I want to build physicality and speed. The offensive side will be fine, going to build a nice receiving core and possibly trade Palmer in the offseason for picks or a younger QB.

Man CCM is going to be great this year and the feeling of really feeling like your building a team through the draft and free agency. No more just plugging in players where its needed, now its time to find players who fit your scheme.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Only players I may trade are Marcedes Lewis because I like a faster tight end and I'll probably trade Montell Owens because he's a good FB and special teams player in general but Madden doesn't acknowledge his special teams ability and I've already got Greg Jones.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »