Home

You don't play online? Why?

This is a discussion on You don't play online? Why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #73
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Is that because it just not in the budget or because you are just being "frugal"? If it's the latter, you should be ashamed of yourself and you need to be online for M13 CC too, lol.
Neither! 40 bucks is enough for Internet. I blow all my money lol.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #74
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: You don't play online? Why?

Quote:
It seems it will provide enough functionality that even with a 32 User league, everyone could at least find time to manage their team outside of actually playing games and being on their gaming console. Add to that the existence of Gameplanning then members having to miss actually playing games for whatever reason, doesn't seem like such a big deal.
For me, it's more than just finding time. It would just be a pain in the tail to always coordinate games.

I certainly respect the guys who don't mind coordinating time slots to get their games in. But as a gamer of offline heritage, I don't want any parts of that.

If I get home from work + class and have the hour to spare, I want to play. If I don't, I don't want to HAVE to make arrangements with my opponent. If I'm tired after work, I don't want to be forced to sit through a game just b/c it's the only flexibility my opponent has. I want to come and go as I please. Having to coordinate schedules every 2-3 days starts straying into "obligation" territory. Once gaming becomes an obligation rather than a hobby, for me, that's no longer fun.

That's why I think small leagues present the best of both worlds.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Connection Speeds

Cheesing

Quitters

Time

Sore Loser lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #76
Rookie

The Rulah's Arena

OVR: 0

Playing online has become slightly annoying when playing against randoms. For that reason I decided to get back into league play. Which is precisely why I joined this forum the other day lol...

I look forward to joining a league once Madden 13 is released.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
What do you think about the stat output on the NCAA 13 Dynasty Wire?
I haven't seen it. Sounds like I should give the game a rent to take a look?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #78
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
For me, it's more than just finding time. It would just be a pain in the tail to always coordinate games.

I certainly respect the guys who don't mind coordinating time slots to get their games in. But as a gamer of offline heritage, I don't want any parts of that.

If I get home from work + class and have the hour to spare, I want to play. If I don't, I don't want to HAVE to make arrangements with my opponent. If I'm tired after work, I don't want to be forced to sit through a game just b/c it's the only flexibility my opponent has. I want to come and go as I please. Having to coordinate schedules every 2-3 days starts straying into "obligation" territory. Once gaming becomes an obligation rather than a hobby, for me, that's no longer fun.

That's why I think small leagues present the best of both worlds.
That's stereotyping online leagues though and I resent bigotry towards online play. lol j/k

Seriously though, you state that as if you can't have both a personal offline CC and an online one with other Users but you can. So when you are available to play your actual game in a multiple player online CC do that, if not, play in your offline CC.

Not necessarily you because I don't know how competitive you are but it's funny the way some people say they don't put much stock in wins or losses in Madden, yet they act like managing a team but missing some games is a big deal. I personally will likely be trying to start a 32 User CC with a set schedule, meaning it will be preset times and days, like if it were rec league basketball, softball, etc. So like with those leagues, if you can't or just don't make it to your game on time, no biggie, those he did make it play that week and then rinse/repeat. As long as Users are able to at least utilize the web access options for team management and Gameplanning, I don't really see the pressure.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #79
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
That's stereotyping online leagues though and I resent bigotry towards online play. lol j/k

Seriously though, you state that as if you can't have both a personal offline CC and an online one with other Users but you can. So when you are available to play your actual game in a multiple player online CC do that, if not, play in your offline CC.
I know you're kidding, but how at all am I stereotyping online leagues? You have to coordinate schedules in an online league and with that scheduling comes conflicts. That's no exaggeration or stereotype.

And sure, you can have two leagues, but the question presented in this thread is why don't people on OS play online? Not wanting to be bothered w/ scheduling and the conflicts they present is a big reason why many don't.

BTW, what do you mean when you say you can gameplan online?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #80
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Neither! 40 bucks is enough for Internet. I blow all my money lol.
I pay $55 and I get 25mbps down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »