Home

You don't play online? Why?

This is a discussion on You don't play online? Why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: You don't play online? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvinator
Would you suggest just looking through the forums here? Any suggestions?
Haha, I'm trying not to be a blatant whore about it, but I bet if you look in my signature you'd find a good league.=)

That said, there are good leagues here on OS as well.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I was thinking about this exact same topic after reading your last post in that other thread, good topic. I think it's the same reason EA/Tiburon seems so reluctant to remove many legacy staples from Madden that are arbitrary to replicating NFL football, people are creatures of habit and resistant to change.

I started a thread a while back about creating online communities as safe havens for gamers that just want to play football in Madden, not video games. However, when some people see "online", they completely tune out and want no parts of it. To put it bluntly, some people are just ignorant to the different types of online play, which isn't a bad thing because we all are ignorant to things but it's when we refuse to educate ourselves in order to make better personal decisions, that can cause problems. Others completely understand what "online" entails but don't have time, are antisocial, hate to lose or have any other host of personal reasons against it.

It all saddens me because some of the gamers around OS that I feel have the same "agenda" when playing Madden as I do, to have fun playing NFL football, have little to no interest in playing online.

They are all just so selfish! lol
Old 08-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

It's America 2012 man. Everyone gets a medal, no losers, it's a whimp society.

People may not admit it, but people are afraid to take an L and it's sad. I have never played against te CPU. That was 1985 lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
Is it because you are out in BFE? I live in the middle of nowhere and usually can get a good connection to play with a 12 up / 0.5 down connection.
Exactly I have discussed this at length with a few folks. I have had maybe 5 disconnect in the last 2years of Madden. That's out of probably 250+ games. Lag itself has really only been a problem in maybe 20 games but always against the same people.
I think most people don't realize that if pu are playing online... You can't be running a bunch of other stuff online as well... It kills your connection. Example: I'm playing Madden/ncaa/cod and my wife starts browsing amazon on the laptop....my signal goes to ****. Same with running my cell off of wifi when playing. Anything in the house connected to the internet needs to be powered off for the best signal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't play because my work schedule doesn't allow me to adjust to anyone else's timeline. I might play everyday for hours or not play for two weeks.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #14
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Because I enjoy playing offline franchise.
I no longer have the time to schedule games and try to get together with my opponent to set up a time and all that jazz.

I don't enjoy playing sports games online,never have,never will.

I would much rather sit in my own little world,and manage my team,and play the games at my own leisure.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill
Years ago when online first started, you had a better chance of getting a sim opponent in the lobby. After a couple of years though, the "East Room" cheese drove most sim ballers away from lobby games and into leagues.

I've been playing in a league since Madden first went online 10 years ago. The league that I run actually was online before the Sony PS2 Network Adapter was released. We were all using the Linksys USB to Ethernet bridge for the first season of play

Now I wouldn't consider playing online outside of a league.
Same here... No point in playing random for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #16
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I was thinking about this exact same topic after reading your last post in that other thread, good topic. I think it's the same reason EA/Tiburon seems so reluctant to remove many legacy staples from Madden that are arbitrary to replicating NFL football, people are creatures of habit and resistant to change.

I started a thread a while back about creating online communities as safe havens for gamers that just want to play football in Madden, not video games. However, when some people see "online", they completely tune out and want no parts of it. To put it bluntly, some people are just ignorant to the different types of online play, which isn't a bad thing because we all are ignorant to things but it's when we refuse to educate ourselves in order to make better personal decisions, that can cause problems. Others completely understand what "online" entails but don't have time, are antisocial, hate to lose or have any other host of personal reasons against it.

It all saddens me because some of the gamers around OS that I feel have the same "agenda" when playing Madden as I do, to have fun playing NFL football, have little to no interest in playing online.

They are all just so selfish! lol
I already invited you to a league full of those types and you turned me down.=) I had 50 people apply for the open spot I have and you just shot me down, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »