Home

You don't play online? Why?

This is a discussion on You don't play online? Why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: You don't play online? Why?

I dont play online or in an online league because I feel the cpu does a better job of playing football properly than a lot of humans do. I also don't have to worry about the cpu finding ways to manipulate itself.

I do understand I could find good people to play against, but I really don't want to have to try to find people and then wait for people to play their league games so the week can advance and all that. I like playing the cpu so I can let my franchise move at its own pace. I don't call money plays and I don't call the same plays over and over again and I do lose games so I actually enjoy playing the cpu.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #18
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I haven't played online for several reasons:

1) My schedule. I have two kids, so my gaming can be sporadic.

2) In the past, I've loathed playing against guys who just want to trash talk in my ear and glitch their way to victory. Not fun.

3) I typically play Madden for more than merely football. I create stories and I create my own lil' universe. In the past, online franchise has been terrible.

That being said, this will be my first year playing Madden in an online league, but the league is designed to be very small and typically cater to the offline franchise player.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 10

I dont like playing random cheeser that are in it only to climb the boards. I play madden for the same reason i watch the nfl, i enjoy the intricacies of the game and the chess match that goes on between offense and defense.

I know there are leagues of like minded people but i just dont have enough time to coordinate that or join one.

Lastly i get the most thrill by being in the same room with someone while playing. It just feels more organic that way to me.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 2

I've never played in an online league, but need to find a good one to play in this year since that's the only multi-player franchise option. I'd prefer the league to have around 8-16 users with the rest CPU controlled so every game doesn't have to be scheduled with another person (which could be hard at times becuase of work) and the commish would need to be good as well and not allow players to quit games against the CPU or other players beacuse of an injury to a key player or them not wanting to lose a game.

I'm on the PS3

EDIT: Guess I should've answered the question...I haven't played online becuase of the random cheesers in the lobbies, never played online franchise becuase I played offline franchise with friends.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Because I enjoy playing offline franchise.
I no longer have the time to schedule games and try to get together with my opponent to set up a time and all that jazz.

I don't enjoy playing sports games online,never have,never will.

I would much rather sit in my own little world,and manage my team,and play the games at my own leisure.
No, you are being selfish, when you should be sharing your NFL gaming with other like minded gamers! lol

Micheal Jordan didn't choose basketball, basketball chose him, it's wrong of you to deny others the enjoyment playing with you in an online CC as the "brain" behind the Steelers. However, MJ did choose baseball and you see how that turned out for for everybody, so don't make the same mistake, heed your calling. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I haven't played online for several reasons:

1) My schedule. I have two kids, so my gaming can be sporadic.

2) In the past, I've loathed playing against guys who just want to trash talk in my ear and glitch their way to victory. Not fun.

3) I typically play Madden for more than merely football. I create stories and I create my own lil' universe. In the past, online franchise has been terrible.

That being said, this will be my first year playing Madden in an online league, but the league is designed to be very small and typically cater to the offline franchise player.
To your last point I'm debating on running a "my player ccm" with a few people... More of just gauge your progress against each than about beating each other on the field.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #23
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I dont play online or in an online league because I feel the cpu does a better job of playing football properly than a lot of humans do. I also don't have to worry about the cpu finding ways to manipulate itself.

I do understand I could find good people to play against, but I really don't want to have to try to find people and then wait for people to play their league games so the week can advance and all that. I like playing the cpu so I can let my franchise move at its own pace. I don't call money plays and I don't call the same plays over and over again and I do lose games so I actually enjoy playing the cpu.
Pace is certainly something I understand.

Personally I'm in a 32 man Madden league that advances every 48 hours and 12 man NCAA dynasty that advances every 24 hours, that's plenty of gaming for me.=)
Old 08-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #24
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
No, you are being selfish, when you should be sharing your NFL gaming with other like minded gamers! lol

Micheal Jordan didn't choose basketball, basketball chose him, it's wrong of you to deny others the enjoyment playing with you in an online CC as the "brain" behind the Steelers. However, MJ did choose baseball and you see how that turned out for for everybody, so don't make the same mistake, heed your calling. lol
.....I appreciate the pep talk and all,but I'm older and stuck in my own sick ways....
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »