Home

For those like me who won't buy Madden 13, what are your reasons?

This is a discussion on For those like me who won't buy Madden 13, what are your reasons? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #17
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: For those like me who won't buy Madden 13, what are your reasons?

I'm sure Hardcore Madden players are heart broken that there's no editing players in M13. But really, when you're playing the game are you really gonna look for each and every little detail on a player? You're playing a game in which you aren't playing dress up, you're playing football. Bad gameplay is a good excuse for not buying a game. But editing players?

Edit: I'm sure that they will put a patch for editing players, since you guys won't stop crying over it.

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon

Last edited by Gaycandybacon; 08-10-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Can`t change jersey numbers. Who wants to have duplicate or more players with the same jersey number? That drives me insane.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #19
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyberrz
Can`t change jersey numbers. Who wants to have duplicate or more players with the same jersey number? That drives me insane.
That's probably the only thing I'd care for in editing players.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
Simms was decent, Nance was scripted and boring, and the cut scenes were nothing to blow me away or make me feel like I was watching an actual NFL broadcast and really the same thing I had already purchased in 12'. The idea of buying a video game is to be a part of that setting, really make you feel like you are experiencing the NFL, so far it's pretty flat to me for all the hype it received, but then again EA survives off fluffery.
Serious question. What would they need to add in your opinion to make the pregame cut scenes more realistic? What I'm seeing pre game wise is exactly what we see on tv in the 2 minute lead up to kickoff. Maybe I'm missing something?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by CRMosier_LM; 08-10-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #21
Rookie

engrishbwudd's Arena

OVR: 0

Madden was actually a day-1 purchase for me a couple of months ago. It seemed to be addressing a few issues while including a better tackling engine; it was basically what I wanted out of Madden. Then the negatives started pouring in: lack of customization, no same-TV co-op, running animations looking as silly as they do, zig-zag running, etc...

I still might have made the purchase despite the flaws (CCM does look pretty fantastic), but I made the mistake of reading up on NHL 13. I won't go into details, but NHL seems to be several steps ahead of what the Madden 'chise should be up to this point. It just seems to be a much greater representation of the sport than Madden is, and I'm all about that. Now NBA2k13 seems to be a big enough leap over 12 to warrant a day-1 for me, so Madden is losing its appeal to me.

I'm still pumped for the demo, but my enthusiasm has significantly dipped over the last several weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #22
Rookie

Number one reason? No PC version...

That's funny - doubles as my only reason too. lol
Old 08-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaycandybacon
I'm sure Hardcore Madden players are heart broken that there's no editing players in M13. But really, when you're playing the game are you really gonna look for each and every little detail on a player? You're playing a game in which you aren't playing dress up, you're playing football. Bad gameplay is a good excuse for not buying a game. But editing players?

Edit: I'm sure that they will put a patch for editing players, since you guys won't stop crying over it.
I don't think there's anything wrong with people wanting to edite players equipment especially with how bad players equipment was on rookies that populated into the game via NCAA import or through standard draft classes in the past. I just can't stand wide recievers wearing elbow pads and lineman with kicker facemasks.

Honestly, the equipment that was outfitting rookies and their player models in Madden 13 completly ruined the visual aspect of the game for me last year.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 08-10-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #24
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I don't think there's anything wrong with people wanting to edite players equipment especially with how bad players equipment was on rookies that populated into the game via NCAA import or through standard draft classes in the past. I just can't stand wide recievers wearing elbow pads and lineman with kicker facemasks.

Honestly, the equipment that was outfitting rookies and their player models in Madden 13 completly ruined the visual aspect of the game for me last year.
Did you mean Madden 12? Cause I agree with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »