Home

Does the ratings team even watch the NFL?

This is a discussion on Does the ratings team even watch the NFL? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #25
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Does the ratings team even watch the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
Hey what do you want? FUN or REALISM? People want a FUN experience not get cluttered up with REALISM. It's about play now and stick skillz. "DON'T TAKE MY CONTROL AWAY FROM ME BRO!"
Don't ya watch Madden Nation that's how everbody plays and I mean EVERYBODY. If it was too REALISTIC people wouldn't buy it. It has to be FUN. FUN FUN FUN.
Now look deep into my eyes and repeat after me
FUN is GOOD...REALISM is BAD...FUN is GOOD...REALISM is BAD Now ya got it.

It's the same logic of a NBA game where on defense Chris Paul gets caught underneath matched up one on one with D-Howard and then swats his s**t in the 1st row. Now that's FUN.
THIS!! Spot on bro. Post of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #26
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Really lol I bet you are sitting with em right ?!?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
No I am playing the game they "create", and from the looks of it, they certainly haven't studied the real game or broadcast to even come close to an NFL video game that could hold a candle to NBA 2K, or MLB The Show.

For the record if I was sitting there with them I would be alot more productive and give my input and effort more than they have been this generation with the NFL License.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #27
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
No they play the game religiously as well and many other sports franchises.

They must... because it hardly ever changes.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #28
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan123
Does anyone know what the source of the ratings is? Do they watch the NFL or do they randomly allocate ratings? I'm sure this is one of many examples but there is no way Woodhead is faster than Vereen for the Pats.

It's ridiculous, even more so this year because we can't edit! I am sure we,ll get an updated roster with the ratings updated but this just demonstrates their incompetence at getting it right the first time round.....

if you take away the editing you have to improve the accuracy of the physical ratings at least.....others are obviously more subjective. With this first round of ratings they have already proved they can't do this
Woodhead is pretty damn fast lol, I don't know about that one.

Also I bet they do watch the NFL... Who would work for a NFL related video game and not follow the NFL? Very few if not any. But also take into account they have to rate up to 1800+ players in the NFL. There's bound to make a few mistakes in the ratings. Honestly I think everyone is being to biased. (Asking for more love on their team) As I too want everyone on the Packers to be 99 OVR, but that's not gonna happen. Give credit where credit is needed. The guy probably works his butt off to rate everyone in the NFL. I doubt he just makes up random numbers.

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon
Old 08-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Really lol I bet you are sitting with em right ?!?

Quit being such a jerk, we not bashing or anything of the sort man, we wish that guys like you would actually speak up in you sessions with the develop instead of acting like some star struck female who just seen Denzel Washington!

This has been an issue for years and goes to show (for now) that the chosen who get to go to these community events don't really give a darn. Honestly I'm getting too old for this and its nerve racking.

So sit back and take your blinders off and see the world as we see it instead of you're "its better than nothing" outlook on this. Remember, you knew about lack of online franchise features 2yrs ago and became somewhat of a savior at the time for EA's neglecting a feature we begged for to be updated. You were happy with that remember?

Someone quote this post so dude can understand we not here on Some hate on EA crusade, no DB in the NFL should be able to pancake or out block Olinemen and shed them as gracefully as they do in madden, that mis-match should cleay be favored for the.offense.hands down forcing the defense to call a timeout or something other than letting that crap happen time and time again.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:01 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

If i were a ratings czar id be pissed at the marketing department. Imagine watching every game and diligently taking notes rating players strenghts and weaknesses, reporting your findings and imputing them into the game only to find out that Tom Brady is now only a 94 because you realistically rated his arm strength at 90. You think the marketing department is gonna let you have Tom Brady ranked as the 4th or 5th best qb in the league? Hellll Nooo. Thats the problem with the way players are rated in madden. I remember back in the day when Donavan McNabb was in his prime his awarness was always very low and his throwing accuracy was always a tad lower just to keep his overall under that of manning, brady, favre, etc.. Fact is if you portrayed his skills more accurately he would always have one of the highest overalls because of his speed. The higher ups at EA are still dumb enough to think this helps sells games to their hardcore fan base, which is why im pretty convinced ill never get to play an EA game that isnt full of gimmicks and inflated/deflated ratings. Its all about that OVERALL RATING and pre-sale hype.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 25
There are plenty of guys here on OS including myself who could do me moores job 100x better....

Fact.

I edited just about every player in M12 ( sad I know) where the highest rated player in the entire game was Rodgers at a 94..... Average starter was a 74.

With great sliders, players actually played and felt completely different.

With Donny's ratings, every single player just feels the same more or less where a 60 OVR WR played just like ....( insert any WR).

We need editing back. Don't see how donny editing ratings is any different than us editing rosters for use in CC. They just DON'T want us doing it cuz they want us to play madden THEIR way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #32
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
There are plenty of guys here on OS including myself who could do me moores job 100x better....

Fact.

I edited just about every player in M12 ( sad I know) where the highest rated player in the entire game was Rodgers at a 94..... Average starter was a 74.

With great sliders, players actually played and felt completely different.

With Donny's ratings, every single player just feels the same more or less where a 60 OVR WR played just like ....( insert any WR).

We need editing back. Don't see how donny editing ratings is any different than us editing rosters for use in CC. They just DON'T want us doing it cuz they want us to play madden THEIR way.
Honestly, they don't care HOW you play as long as you buy it. They went in a different direction, so if some people don't like the game they shouldn't buy it.

I personally stopped buying Madden because they dropped the PC version until Madden 12 (and was really disappointed with that).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »