Home

Connected Careers, Edited Rosters, Help me understand

This is a discussion on Connected Careers, Edited Rosters, Help me understand within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5
Connected Careers, Edited Rosters, Help me understand

Please don't think I am trying to troll here I seriously want to understand because I am obviously missing the point.

Why do so many posts talk about how turned off people are with the Connected Career mode because edited rosters can't be used?

Any time I hear someone complain about not being able to use edited rosters my cheeser meter pegs because I envision some stooge with everyone set to 99.

I know that's probably not what the problem is but again I must be missing some obvious issue. Can someone enlighten me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Connected Careers, Edited Rosters, Help me understand

We can't edit name, appearance, #, attributes, or equipment. Get it now?
Old 08-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5

I understand what editing is. Maybe I didn't clarify what I am confused about.

Why are so many people upset about it?

I have read a lot of posts about it on several forums.

I guess I just never envisioned so many people were into editing players. I admit I think I have only ever edited my own player in career mode so maybe I am just blind to how important that feature is.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, it is not so much that people like to adjust the ratings of players. More so, people enjoy making characters look as authentic as possible (wrist bands, towels, visors, etc) and have correct number/position. Personally, I rarely ever used player editing (unless I was moving a LB to DE permanently).
Old 08-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthomas
I understand what editing is. Maybe I didn't clarify what I am confused about.

Why are so many people upset about it?

I have read a lot of posts about it on several forums.

I guess I just never envisioned so many people were into editing players. I admit I think I have only ever edited my own player in career mode so maybe I am just blind to how important that feature is.
Because its been in just about every major sports game including Madden for a long time lol? You don't have to edit to realize or understand how people would be upset, especially when there is no workaround or if your a man for detail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
Rookie

For me, personally, I like editing equipment or changed jersey numbers. For example let's say that QB Michael Vick normally doesn't wear a glove on his throwing hand. Now he has broken his hand. I'd like to be able to "put" a glove on his injured hand as a bit of a tie-in storyline wise to the fact that he suffered a broken hand.

Same can extend to elbow braces or knee braces for related injuries.

I also like to create players such as QB Colt Brennan or other players who were drafted late/undrafted that I enjoyed from their college days and see if I can "resurrect" their careers without having to do a Superstar mode.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

Why would it effect you if someone sets something to 99"? with online you cant use custom rosters anyway. I could not give a flying you know what' if someone wants to set every single player to 99. if they wanna do it they can do it in their own time and own game. who cares?

I want to have accurate close to real life rostesr as possible I and I can tell you many others want to aim for the most realistic rosters we can get. only 1 in a million people wil want to have 99 overall rostesr some 11 year old kid./

This is back to madden 93 don;t you get it? we can't change jersey numbers. we can't create missing players that EA no doubt will forget to put in.

The reason I am not buying it this is 80% of the game that I use to play it for has been taken away from me. and it aint worth $100
Old 08-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtamyway24
Well, it is not so much that people like to adjust the ratings of players. More so, people enjoy making characters look as authentic as possible (wrist bands, towels, visors, etc) and have correct number/position. Personally, I rarely ever used player editing (unless I was moving a LB to DE permanently).
exactly right I don't even touch the ratings, I hate ratings threads on here and people saying mr X ran 20 metres in 3 seconds so he should be a 97 not a 96.

I care more about getting details right and the right players on each team and missing players. only time I really touch players is when I have to create them. and yes EA usually on average are missing up to 60 players !!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »